forum

Clicking after leaving circle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Panzer4
I have been having this issue ever since I started and I have not found a proper way to fix it. No, it is not a bug or a game issue, it is a personal issue that I have had whilst playing the game. Happening mainly during jump parts of a map, I always aim directly onto the circle but I always click after I have already left the circle, making me "miss" on the circle. I have tried changing my offset, but this does not work either as i start to get 100s on non-jump parts of the map, and I have also tried "hitting earlier" but that also results in me getting either 100s or clicking too early. If anyone has any tips on how to fix this skill issue please let me know.

In the link below, I have included several screenshots of this happening to me. As you can see in the screenshots, I clearly aim correctly, but I click much too late on all of them, resulting in a "miss."

https://imgur.com/a/MVXmLra
Lyawi
since this is only happening in jump parts of maps usually, I'd assume it's some weird habit and fits G&R forum better. By the way, have you tried turning up your effects volume, so that you can actually follow these a bit better while playing?
Topic Starter
Panzer4
Tbh i actually play with like 20-40% effect sounds but I will turn it up to like 80% to try and test it out and I'll let you know how it goes, thank you!! But the reason I usually play with it low is because it covers over the song which makes it hard to play (for me at least)
Lyawi
Let us know how that goes, it actually helps me a lot
Topic Starter
Panzer4
I've been playing for the past 3ish hours and its actually helped a lot, im starting to hit jumps that i struggled with before. I've also been trying to get into the mindset of staying on the circle for a little longer than i have instead of going straight to the next circle
Voidedosu
It might also help if you try to play some easier maps that still have proto-jumps--think the square jumps in Miracle Subite Yabai [Normal] during the chorus--but try to play them with a bit more intentionality. don't just auto-pilot through the aiming, but actually try to force yourself to keep the cursor there and only move once you hear the hitsound or see the 300 or watch the circle disappear, whatever works best. Slow the song down with HT (or to some other speed via Osu!Trainer, if necessary). I wouldn't go so far as to completely ignore comboing the rest of the map, but at the start you're trying to commit to muscle memory the idea of not leaving the circle until you've successfully tapped it.
Topic Starter
Panzer4
Its hard for me to play anything with low AR so I tend to avoid easier maps, but as for the "force yourself to keep the cursor there" that's what I have been trying to do for the past few hours and it has helped a lot, and I am hoping that once I keep practicing it then it will become a habit and that I won't have to focus so intently on it
Naiad
This is an aim issue, not a tapping issue, and is probably due to you having a hard time reading the map.
_mp1506

Panzer4 wrote:

I've been playing for the past 3ish hours and its actually helped a lot, im starting to hit jumps that i struggled with before. I've also been trying to get into the mindset of staying on the circle for a little longer than i have instead of going straight to the next circle
This is the root of the problem. Many reasons, but people get startled by jumps too. You went straight for the circle and don't recognize the beat that well. Waiting on the other hand, gives you more time to recognize that corresponding beat.
Topic Starter
Panzer4

Naiad wrote:

This is an aim issue, not a tapping issue, and is probably due to you having a hard time reading the map.
But I'm aiming directly over the circle and I can read the map completely okay, you can even see my cursor go directly over the circles in the pictures provided

_mp1506 wrote:

This is the root of the problem. Many reasons, but people get startled by jumps too. You went straight for the circle and don't recognize the beat that well. Waiting on the other hand, gives you more time to recognize that corresponding beat.
But even if I do recognize the beat, I still click after leaving the circle. For example, 5.69 star "Bass Slut" is one map that I have been struggling to beat for the past or two due to the cross map jumps after the drop. I aim over the circles to the beat, but its after the beat happens that I click despite me already knowing the beat

Edit: After thinking about it for a few minutes, I realize that it could actually be an aim issue like Naiad said, and I could be clicking on the correct time but moving my cursor away to early instead of clicking too late
Naiad

Panzer4 wrote:

Naiad wrote:

But I'm aiming directly over the circle and I can read the map completely okay, you can even see my cursor go directly over the circles in the pictures provided

_mp1506 wrote:

But even if I do recognize the beat, I still click after leaving the circle. For example, 5.69 star "Bass Slut" is one map that I have been struggling to beat for the past or two due to the cross map jumps after the drop. I aim over the circles to the beat, but its after the beat happens that I click despite me already knowing the beat

Edit: After thinking about it for a few minutes, I realize that it could actually be an aim issue like Naiad said, and I could be clicking on the correct time but moving my cursor away to early instead of clicking too late
I just want to note that being able to tell what order to hit the circles in does not equal reading the map (at least not the definition that I use). Aim desync is usually caused by some issue with reading the map, often discomfort with the AR or density.
NicNock
practice cursordancing/flow-aiming for a few days. (more info in this thread)
Topic Starter
Panzer4
I highly agree that my aim is "too snappy" and I should practice flow aim which I am going to do over the next few days
Voidedosu

Panzer4 wrote:

Its hard for me to play anything with low AR so I tend to avoid easier maps, but as for the "force yourself to keep the cursor there" that's what I have been trying to do for the past few hours and it has helped a lot, and I am hoping that once I keep practicing it then it will become a habit and that I won't have to focus so intently on it
Too bad. Play the easier stuff. Nothing over 4* until you can at least do 95%+ acc. (preferably with an FC).

You need to remove the extra baggage of trying to play hard maps while also attempting to fix this issue. If you're also having to worry about the general difficulty of the map plus any mods PLUS fixing your issue, you're not giving it the focus and attention you actually need. This isn't some relatively minor adjustment, this is trying to re-code the way you play the game to produce a long-lasting and significant increase to your skill. That needs the initial focus on the problem that you can only really get by playing below your level so the difficulty of the map isn't a problem, and ideally playing NM so you aren't battling mods as well.

And you can't just say "Well, I did it for one map, back to what I'm used to!" That's not going to affect lasting change. At best you'll just un-learn what you just learned pretty quickly, and at worst you'll screw yourself over because your old and new habits will fight each other and you're more likely to freeze or hesitate when you don't want to. You've gotta have some consistency, too.
_mp1506

Panzer4 wrote:

Naiad wrote:

_mp1506 wrote:

That's exactly what I said. You play 2 hands not just 1.