forum

Hand Stamina/Aim Stamina problems.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OdegardXD
Hi. Im a pretty new osu! player (kinda im rank 490k) and i am having some issues with both tapping stamina and aim stamina. Let me start on aim stamina first. I have never noticed it before until this 1 map that i really like which is very fun to play for me (beatmapsets/1079212#osu/2258012) but i am having alot of problems with stamina and pain as my hand starts to hurt because there is only 1 break which is in the middle of the map. I havent noticed this on any other map but i am sure that there is a map i will discover where this is gonna be an issue again. I play on tablet (area:https://imgur.com/a/Av2y38O) and was wondering if there were any way to get better stamina/know if there is anything else i should do when i play to not make it hurt as much. Now over to tapping stamina. I have realized that i have gotten alot better at bursts (Currently my fav thing to play so i play it alot) and especially on some maps where there are alot of bursts combined with sliders where i get alot of stamina problems. It doesnt hurt unlike my aim stamina but i was wondering what i the easiest way to get better stamina as it feels like my tapping slows down and down and down until i suddenly fail. All tips are appreciated :D
Winnyace
Since this game is entirely mechanical in nature, just play the game and you will eventually get where you want if you have mindset to get there. If there is a tip for this, install McOsu and change the parameters of the map to be less straining on your hands, but still push you. That's it.
Topic Starter
OdegardXD

Winnyace wrote:

Since this game is entirely mechanical in nature, just play the game and you will eventually get where you want if you have mindset to get there. If there is a tip for this, install McOsu and change the parameters of the map to be less straining on your hands, but still push you. That's it.
I mean right now i just play for fun so i guess i can just continue this way for some more time then try and go for ranked again
Nanofranne
Continue playing more on both aiming and tapping! You will improve your basic burst and jump as your accuracy rises!
Topic Starter
OdegardXD

Nanofranne wrote:

Continue playing more on both aiming and tapping! You will improve your basic burst and jump as your accuracy rises!
I have found 2 good bursts with small streams and 2 good aim maps so i guess i will just continue having fun on them
Winnyace

OdegardXD wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

I mean right now i just play for fun so i guess i can just continue this way for some more time then try and go for ranked again
Frankly, just enjoy game. Try to push yourself, but keep in mind that you're here to enjoy a game, not get frustrated.
Naiad
As far as aim stamina goes, literally just play more maps where you have to move your hand a lot.

As for tapping stamina, first focus on your technique and make sure it's consistent. You'll also need at least a basic level of finger control.
Topic Starter
OdegardXD

Naiad wrote:

As far as aim stamina goes, literally just play more maps where you have to move your hand a lot.

As for tapping stamina, first focus on your technique and make sure it's consistent. You'll also need at least a basic level of finger control.
Yeah. I have been practicing aim alot on this map: beatmapsets/778719#osu/2125722. Should i keep going with this?
Naiad

OdegardXD wrote:

Naiad wrote:

Yeah. I have been practicing aim alot on this map: beatmapsets/778719#osu/2125722. Should i keep going with this?
I don't know the map but if your aim arm gets tired then I'm sure it's good.
_mp1506

Winnyace wrote:

This comment stated 'mechanical in nature' describes quite a lot off-screen. I play Taiko mode, and in my opinion there are different stances used by different players made the difference. There are few stances that I noticed are better felt at playing speed, some are in long streams, and some in tricky snaps. First, you should evaluate yours. Your height, your chair and table height, your elbow position comparatively to the height level of your table, finger and wrist position, etc.

From what you said, I predict that you only recently hit stamina maps being that you're 1,9k and you're having a problem with 174 BPM stamina map. Thing is when you tap 174 and you experience hurting is quite questionable. That's why evaluate your stance, in case that you're playing in uncomfortable position. Secondly, do you touch, tap, or bash the keyboard to get those notes? Lighter tapping is hard to control but rewards you with stability and stamina. Try tapping on the table at the corresponding speed, think you can go higher than that? How long can you stream? If it came to a short stop it might be that your position is uncomfortable for long streams and non-breaks and forcing it might really injure you. Keep in mind that straining muscles here is quite normal, but when it gets to wrist, elbow, or something deeper than just your muscle, that's where the problem lies. My elbow and wrist had gotten clacky during the years, so I can affirm.

Lastly, as everyone had said, play more. Low BPM induces better finger control, long streams enhances stability. You will get better no matter what.

Good luck and take care.
Topic Starter
OdegardXD

Naiad wrote:

OdegardXD wrote:

Naiad wrote:

I don't know the map but if your aim arm gets tired then I'm sure it's good.
It doesnt get tired... Any good tips on long maps that are "aim"?
AccountWontWork
to find some aim maps that are "long":

1. go to beatmap listings
2. pick 'anime' in Genre
3. type "length>=240" in keywords
4. done

you'll get maps that are generally aim and are 4 mins or longer