forum

"Use Original Samples" in Skin Selection [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Puffles
Sometimes I want to play with a fully custom skin, with custom visuals and custom sounds--but sometimes I just want the custom look without the custom sample set. Remember, most songs are designed to sound best with the original, default sample sets, and so they're naturally not going to sound great with every custom set.

So, how about putting in an option that lets people use the original sample set with a custom skin? Also, if you do decide to add this, make sure that it overrides custom samples included with skins, but doesn't override custom samples designed for specific beatmaps. :D
peppy

Puffles wrote:

Sometimes I want to play with a fully custom skin, with custom visuals and custom sounds--but sometimes I just want the custom look without the custom sample set. Remember, most songs are designed to sound best with the original, default sample sets, and so they're naturally not going to sound great with every custom set.

So, how about putting in an option that lets people use the original sample set with a custom skin? Also, if you do decide to add this, make sure that it overrides custom samples included with skins, but doesn't override custom samples designed for specific beatmaps. :D
This is in the works, along with a fully revamped menu screen.
Topic Starter
Puffles
Yay!

Peppy is teh awesome.
LuigiHann
Bumping because I still want a checkbox to disable custom hit sounds (anything that starts with normal- or soft- ) while still using custom menu, countdown, and spinner sounds etc.