7.41%
Total votes: 27
Topic Starter
_Kancho_
You can state your reasons here
I AM VERY SMART
The only gamemode I play without hitsounds is mania
_mp1506
Depends on comfort. I do hitsound to check my pace. You see I've been off for too long off the game, so rn I'm retraining myself. But in 2017-2021, I did no hitsound -63 offset (so that I don't need to anticipate the music and just tap what I hear and see). It was quite enjoyable to play listening to the pure track, to be honest.

Preference.
maesil
I don't play with hitsounds on. I have to play with ~-40 offset so the hitsounds and the sound of me physically tapping my keyboard are offset and interfere. If I had less audio latency I would probably turn them on though, since I like hitsounds :)
Mayomi
I followed this guide to significantly reduce audio latency on Windows which makes playing with hitsounds a much more pleasant experience

I still play mania without hitsounds tho idk, I think it's because chords have a natural emphasis to them that makes no hitsounds feel better
maesil
omg you're the goat, this is actually game changing x_x
Topic Starter
_Kancho_

Mayomi wrote:

I followed this guide to significantly reduce audio latency on Windows which makes playing with hitsounds a much more pleasant experience

I still play mania without hitsounds tho idk, I think it's because chords have a natural emphasis to them that makes no hitsounds feel better
Thanks for posting this guide! I'll be able to play with hitsounds comfortably again.
meemimayuri

Mayomi wrote:

Thanks, this seems to have helped me with my accurary a bit overall!

But yeah, I do play with hitsounds on.
Rubenvp3

Mayomi wrote:

Just tried following the the guide and honestly I don't know how to describe it. The difference is rather small but I instantly felt it the moment I began playing, specially on longer patterns.