forum

Help - My aim is offset my tapping.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bobthaboy
I suck at jumps. Sat and watched some replays, and I found one common thread.
My mouse would move off the circle just before I tap.
My tapping isn't really offbeat. Both are largely on beat, and I wouldn't be missing these jumps if not for the fact that the mouse has to be over the circle as I tap it. Albeit, I will point out that my aim is further off beat than my tapping, and more often than not resulted in more 100s when I tested them separately.

My tap hand averages 2ms too late (which is amazing), but my aim hand averages 18.5ms too early... this is a MASSIVE gap.

I'm not sure how to train against this issue. "Play more" doesn't fix the bad habit, I'm pretty sure it's actually been getting reinforced. Relaxed mod doesn't really do much for me because the mod tries to tap as close to the opportunity of perfect as possible as opposed to right when my cursor lands over it, otherwise I'd might have a chance with it correcting my early aiming. I can't exactly pause my aim until I react to the tap because that's not realistic in human reaction, and even if it were it probably wouldn't help at the higher star difficulty level, so I believe the best course of action is to somehow train my aim hand to be more on beat, but I'm open to suggestions.
Naiad
Honestly, if I had great answers for you I'd probably also have a 700 pp play.

The best I can say is that this is most likely a reading issue. I experience this phenomenon mostly when the map is dense (usually because the map is of a very high difficulty and on a nomod AR) and spaced (take it's raining men as an example), or when the AR or bpm is too high for me to be comfortable.

But I do want to say that this is a VERY common problem, especially for relatively high skill level aim plays, and even more so on high bpm. I would probably say that MOST of my misses on 8.5-10* aim maps are from this problem.
_mp1506
Play more solved half your problem, the other half is play something easier. Or slower.

You said you sucked at jumps. You know your own weakness. Perhaps you've been grinding it at some point where you find it quite difficult? Then you pushed yourself and got better and better? You were happy until you found this issue I predict. Thing is you're 2k and jump maps aren't that popular yet when Cookiezi got banned I reckon, and he alr... you know what he does best at that time. In any case, jumps aren't some easy skill to master. There's also a chance that you missed this view since you do well at Taiko, meaning your tapping hand is significantly better than your aim hand in that regard (I can almost bet streams are your thing).

I would remind that not missing and stable play are 2 different things, and what you need is control imo. That's why slower maps, try to get the right timing with your mouse. Then, slowly retry those maps you had worked on before. Play more easy and slower maps for finger and aim control. It might take hideously long to get really good stability, but it would be worth it in the end. Just try to imagine how you would learn 1/6 techies in Taiko.

Good luck. HF
Topic Starter
bobthaboy

_mp1506 wrote:

Thing is you're 2k
I'm 300k where are you looking :')

_mp1506 wrote:

since you do well at Taiko, meaning your tapping hand is significantly better than your aim hand in that regard (I can almost bet streams are your thing).
Yep, that's why I mainly have to play jumping maps. I got a hold of streams pretty quick, and I have no need to push skill cap on them. Most of my ranked uptime has been dedicated to pushing jump skill cap, I think.

_mp1506 wrote:

Play more easy and slower maps for finger and aim control.
Yeah, I'm going to have to do that regardless for accuracy practice. I'm just not sure if that'd be the fastest way to go about it (ie. maybe someone out there made a tool dedicated to fixing this problem... though the idea may sound absurd, this community has made a lot of tools similar).

_mp1506 wrote:

Just try to imagine how you would learn 1/6 techies in Taiko.
Ooh, I hated 1/6. Blatantly, I never practiced it. I just went to every song blindly and tried to tap as fast as possible.