forum

I struggle to find a good tablet area

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nahoki
Problem details: I've been playing the game for more than 1 year now and i still can't find an area that i really like, i use a Wacom CTL-472 with the OpenTabletDriver and i try a lot of different area ( more than 100 probably ) really small to really big like full area , when i first start the game i used a random area but after changing tablet and driver, i wanted to find a better area because i had aim issue and i does't had a really nice feeling with my hand when i was playing, so i changed it multiple times first around 68mm-Width
and 44mm-Height but i always felt like it's not good, like i always find issue in some skillset of the game.

Rn my area is at 75.2mm-Width and 45.3mm-Height but i still had a pretty bad feeling with it, i can play maps but it feel weird to aim especially long jumps at 190 bpm and more, i also try diffrent grip holding for my pen but, or it's REALLY uncomfortable or it's just bad or worse feeling, i tryed to keep area for longer time somtimes to see if it change but, at some point i start feeling big issue for aim generally speed jumps or full sreen multiple jumps.

The thing is that i feel like i hit a wall to not finding THE area yk, i feel like there is some kind of patterns that i can't aim and that's make me sad honestly.
I take any advice.
(sorry for bad english, if you don't understand something let me know)

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
I AM VERY SMART
I'm 100% sure it's the same for most tablet players, because I've been through this since I started using it. Even top players like Vaxei or chocomint changes their tablet depending to what they prefer, so I don't think it's a bad thing if you haven't found the perfect area yet

However, I'm not sure about the grip holding problem. I'm just holding my pen as if I'm holding a ballpoint pen to write on my paper. I could do the same since I have almost no problem with aiming
Topic Starter
Nahoki

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I'm 100% sure it's the same for most tablet players, because I've been through this since I started using it. Even top players like Vaxei or chocomint changes their tablet depending to what they prefer, so I don't think it's a bad thing if you haven't found the perfect area yet

However, I'm not sure about the grip holding problem. I'm just holding my pen as if I'm holding a ballpoint pen to write on my paper. I could do the same since I have almost no problem with aiming
Thanks for your response, that reassures me in some way to know that i'm not alone with that problem, i will just keep going and try some area that feels fine i guess.