forum

[Archived] Game Stuck on importing page when trying to import a map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Molidis
Problem details: Everytime I try to import a new beatmap my game gets stuck into importing screen, after closing the game and removing the .osz file from the "Songs" folder, the game works normally, I also get the same situation with osu!direct, somebody with the same problem managed to fix this issue?

Stuck in this situation here (don't mind the fps and response time, the screenshot caused them):

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1
VoidGod
Have you tried repairing osu perhaps? (using the repair osu tool)
Topic Starter
Molidis

VoidGod wrote:

yeah i tried but nothing changed
VoidGod

Molidis wrote:

VoidGod wrote:

yeah i tried but nothing changed
Mmh, probably the .osz is still there somehow, try checking the Songs folder again maybe
Blushing
Take a gander through here:

community/forums/topics/378519?n=2

see if anything through VeilStar's post helps.
Topic Starter
Molidis

Blushing wrote:

Take a gander through here:

community/forums/topics/378519?n=2

see if anything through VeilStar's post helps.
just tried, sadly didn't work, i think i'm gonna try reinstalling the game

VoidGod wrote:

Mmh, probably the .osz is still there somehow, try checking the Songs folder again maybe
yeah the .osz is there and it doesn't get imported, i have to manually remove it from the songs folder to get the game to work again but the maps doesn't get imported obviously
Blushing
Reinstalling more than likely wont solve the issue. But if you do make sure to get a backup of your songs and skins folder as they wont save between installations.

What beatmap(s) are you trying to import?
Topic Starter
Molidis

Blushing wrote:

Reinstalling more than likely wont solve the issue. But if you do make sure to get a backup of your songs and skins folder as they wont save between installations.

What beatmap(s) are you trying to import?
i tried with the new tsukinami, an older heisei sayonara bye bye, new daidai genome, always the same issue unfortunately. The songs folder should be clean, after refreshing the maps the game runs normally so there should be no corrupted beatmaps causing the problem. gonna probably go with a reinstall and check if it works.

Edit. Reinstalling the game didn't work and now i can't even play the game with the beatmaps i already had, i think i am also dumb

Edit.2 After moving the game from drive C: to drive D: the problem fixed on it's own for the first big import of the old Songs folder, then the same problem came back
Blushing
Lets try and import beatmaps but when you go and do so lets get the runtime.log.

When the game gets stuck on loading the beatmaps let it try and run for a minute or so. Then open and copy and paste the contents of the runtime.log into here so we can see what is going on process wise.

where to find runtime.log
the runtime.log is found in the cuttingedge version of the game. Once youve switched to runtime.log, please navigate to your osu! folder and inside the osu! folder there is going to be a "Logs" folder, please click into that and select the runtime.log, open it and copy its contents and paste into here.
Topic Starter
Molidis

Blushing wrote:

Lets try and import beatmaps but when you go and do so lets get the runtime.log.

When the game gets stuck on loading the beatmaps let it try and run for a minute or so. Then open and copy and paste the contents of the runtime.log into here so we can see what is going on process wise.

where to find runtime.log
the runtime.log is found in the cuttingedge version of the game. Once youve switched to runtime.log, please navigate to your osu! folder and inside the osu! folder there is going to be a "Logs" folder, please click into that and select the runtime.log, open it and copy its contents and paste into here.
yeah just tried watching that .log, seems like there's some problem with permissions: "System.UnauthorizedAccessException", starting the game as an administrator (don't know why i didn't try earlier) let me import maps with no problems even though the game didn't need those permissions before.
Blushing
(In PM: tried to repair folder permissions with the folder repair permissions button in game. This didn’t work.)

Next suggestion was to repair the folder permissions manually by folder properties and permissions.