forum

I wanted to change a diff name and now the diff IS GONE (I'm crying)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ghosty_xi
So I wanted to change the difficulty names like Easy -> Normal, Normal -> Hard, ect and When I did did that it gave me an overwrite warning but I thought it would just double it and I can't find my last saved file ANYWHERE can someone help please
lewski
if u didnt back it up anywhere its most likely just gone cause it was overwritten with the renamed diff

when the game says its gonna overwrite another diff it will really do exactly what it says its gonna do
Natsu
Next time u do something similar, first change all diff names to something random, like normal2 hard2 etc, then change them or do a security copy before doing these changes, *if u didnt off your pc yet, open the song folder and try ctrl z, one time it did saved me, but not sure if it will work for u
Eyeonized
rip
I AM VERY SMART
Goodbye diff
l1mi
I recommend "exporting" your beatmap every now and then. It saves a backup you can open if needed, it will extract itself. Easy and quick to use takes a few seconds.

Or.. if you are paranoid like me can open the textfile that is in your beatmap folder and write down everything in there on some paper and lock it up in a nuclear bomb resistent underground bank vault.