forum

[Archived] Osu! keeps crashing while playing (freezing and black screen as well)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AmethystGenie
Problem details: - System

- Provider

[ Name] .NET Runtime

- EventID 1026

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2024-07-08T14:20:30.9544090Z

EventRecordID 8524

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 16568
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer G

Security

- EventData

Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.GL.DrawElements(OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.PrimitiveType, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.DrawElementsType, IntPtr)

This is what it shows on event viewer. Thanks for any help in the future!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
- Marco -
Is the crash also happening using the Default Skin? Also check if you have any pending GPU/OS updates
Topic Starter
AmethystGenie

- Marco - wrote:

Is the crash also happening using the Default Skin? Also check if you have any pending GPU/OS updates
It does also happen with the default skin and I have updated my NVIDIA drivers to the newest available. But I don't have the latest windows update as I have tried dozens of times to update it and it has always failed to install (Windows version: 23H2 OS build: 22631.3593). If the problem is caused by the outdated OS then I'll just have to stop playing osu for a bit until I fix this.
Blushing

AmethystGenie wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

It does also happen with the default skin and I have updated my NVIDIA drivers to the newest available. But I don't have the latest windows update as I have tried dozens of times to update it and it has always failed to install (Windows version: 23H2 OS build: 22631.3593). If the problem is caused by the outdated OS then I'll just have to stop playing osu for a bit until I fix this.
When you installed your graphics drivers, did you do a clean install of them or were they just updated?
Topic Starter
AmethystGenie

Blushing wrote:

AmethystGenie wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

When you installed your graphics drivers, did you do a clean install of them or were they just updated?
I just updated them through NVIDIA Geforce experience like how I usually do