posted
Total Posts
show more
Aka
we talked ingame with ekoro and pointed out some stuff. i will list them below

・minor spacing inconsistensy in normal diff has been fixed
・nerfed 02:02:475 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - part in hard diff;
00:14:600 (2) - minor movement of cirle cause it was touching previous slider
・swapped sliders 00:08:600 (2,3) - in lunatic so they are clickable in a more comfortable way
・00:08:787 (6) - added one more note to create a stream in extra, there is an auidible sound for this and plus previously ended to a strong beat slider was actually quite confusing with the stream from weaker. i plays better for me;
02:03:225 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3) - remade sliders into streams in extra. that is a thing to discuss anyway. so would be nice to hear from other people which pattern would be more comfortable here. i feel like the 1/4 slider actually confuses for a moment so perhaps would be nice to change this instead? hm?
・i will also agree that sharp squares are pretty hard to get BUT its also about something personal, since some of players feel themselves confident with those. (unlike me being inconsistend with them)

probably i forgot to mention something but these were the most memorable. decided not to attach the savelog since it contaited some offtopic stuff
Topic Starter
Ekoro

Cherry Blossom wrote:

From what i've seen from PUTAIN Kynan's plays. ptn

Time freeze

1. 00:10:225 (1,2) - There should be more distance between these stacked circles and the previous 1/4 slider, players can easily get those circles earlier because of the stream's velocity. Moved the whole combo on the right.
  2. 00:25:475 (1,2,3,4,5) - This is a little surprising, and maybe, a little difficult to get this 5 circles stream with the gap between 00:25:725 (5,1) - . When i saw Kynan played it, he got many breaks here. Dunno what to do since it's a resticted place. I replaced with 2 sliders+1 circle, hope it's better now. Can't really change anything about stack without moving EVERYTHING (will freeze).
  3. 00:28:225 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Try something which does not require a long circular movement, i think of 3 triangles instead of the current pattern with 1 parallelogram and a square, try something like this : I was about to refuse until i found something that still plays good. I hope it's better now.
  4. 01:00:287 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Try to remake its shape for a better impression and a better movement here, when shapes are perfectly done, they, maybe, make the playability better. Maybe moving a few pixels can change the playability. ( I just say this because Kynan missed a lot here) To be honest, i think that the shape is good enough without being too sharp. I know that i don't have the skill to play this map, but i think it's fine enough as it is. If a lot of players ever have this problem, i'll try to work on it.
  5. 01:02:537 (6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - same as ^ ^
  6. 01:36:725 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - same as ^ problem easily solved :^)
  7. 01:57:225 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - same as ^ fixed this one too because a 8-pattern is really close to what i did

Blue Dragon wrote:

can we just be helpful for once? <:

[Time Freeze]
  1. 00:25:975 (1,2,1,2,3,4) - this feels extremely confusing. you're using the same spacing for 1/4 and then, right after, 1/2. Doing something like this would work much better here. I know it breaks the stacking, but you can arrange the stream before to stack with them if you want to. Already did something with CB's suggestions, so leaving this for now.
  2. 00:33:225 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This stream doesn't really feel natural to play with this shape. Shaping it like this would work better. yes done
  3. 00:34:350 (2,3,4) - Why is the spacing so low for this section (includes copypastes and the next patterns) in general? The previous section is pretty much the same thing and has much higher spacing. tbh? felt like it. i used a lot of patterns copypasted but wanted to vary a little bit.
  4. 00:41:850 (2,3,1) - Here you're using higher spacing for 1/4s than for 1/2s. This is EXTREMELY confusing and is just sliderbreak material right here, especially which such high OD. Increased jumps between (3) and (1) because i won't remove this sliderstream ((2) is also stacked on previous note and is kinda "locked" in its position
  5. 00:48:475 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - I don't see the need for newcombo spamming here. It works for replenishing HP, yes.. but idk, just feels weird for me. Wanted to separate patterns for better clarification/reading.
  6. 00:54:725 (3,4,5,6) - Feels really awkward to play such a low spaced pattern in a high intensity part. increased
  7. 01:09:600 (7,1) - i hate this kind of stuff, it just plays really badly ): but it's just personal preference had trouble here too but i don't think i can do better without moving everything. now i'm fine with it
  8. 01:29:725 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - no need to increase spacing like this in this stream, the song doesn't go too intense to do that hmm... yeah, you're right, fixed.
  9. 01:40:224 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2) - again the new combo thing lol same reason as above
  10. 01:57:225 (1) - could put a break, like a kickslider, here. it would make the stream part much more playable, even for pro players who know how to stream, it'd be much better. i wanted to have more circles to increase the difficulty stamina-wise, i hope it's understable though... i'll keep that.
  11. 02:12:225 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1) - The spacing in this part is EXTREMELY confusing and inconsistent. I know the AR is high and you can read it by the approach circles, but it just doesn't seem to have any standard on this spacing. If it's 2/1, then create a larger gap. If it's 1/1, then make the gap smaller. As it is, it just confuses me too much. Yes, the 2/1 involves too much spacing. Here, i wanted to do a small spacing like i did with antijumps at the end of kiais, and when the music "suddenly" changes, i'm doing that sudden changes too. It avoid some random jumps patterns scattered all over the playfield and i think it's better to keep it like this.
  12. 02:18:225 (1,2,1,2) - Spacing feels weird here. The intensity is the same, but you just decide to not make a jump in (1,2). But the intensity restarts here. This or a full-circle jump would be the same.
  13. 02:26:850 (2,3) - Way too forced and too hard. Also makes the spacing between (2,3,4) extremely confusing and inconsistent. Placing (3) at 288;80 seems to make the pattern much more enjoyable. Changed the 1/4 sliders and slightly moved 4-5-6.
  14. 02:46:225 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17) - Pretty sure this goes out of the playfield in-game. It's not a big deal, but better safe than sorry. (I wouldn't risk another unrank) Moved below again, it should be enough under HP bar.
  15. 03:07:975 (5,1) - This anti-jump plays weirdly. It'd be much better if you spaced these out x1.3 spacing, should be good
  16. 03:04:225 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - I don't know if it's just me, but this part seems extremely overdone. I'm alright with the 7.67 streams, but this part isn't nearly as intense as the others, yet it's even harder as the 2 first choruses. Shouldn't you nerf this here? The song almost ends and the instruments are way active than before. To me, streams are good and not overdone, and the spacing isn't that high (no kiai time) compared to last kiai. I feel like it's intense since it's the last seconds. But well, each one's opinion, i'd say.
Just suggestions, but would be cooler if you fixed these before re-ranking. I'm not a big fan of this difficulty and still think Extra would be good as the hardest diff, but w/e. Good luck with this.
I understand what you meant by your suggestions, but i'll keep most of them, and i hope my explainations are at least understandable.
Kayla
how can someone objectively mod a map that ~5 people can even complete
i dont get it
what is the feedback? i can pass this pattern 1/5th of the time and im top 50 so its ok.
this is so confusing to me
most of the pattern look great except one

the map is cute, very cute, and the song is amazing..
drums too quiet. ; ;
good luck

also ilu ekoro
Zero__wind
it would be really great to get such a nice map ranked
better with more input/feedback from the pro guys inb4 though
can't really help out here but take a ☆ of good luck~
Cherry Blossom

Kurimu wrote:

i dont get it
I agree that it is not simple to mod objectively, when we can't pass or play some patterns, 240 BPM streams are difficult to play ;w;
But let our modding experience speak ^^ I hope it can be good enough.
Well, we need more testplays so ;w;
Topic Starter
Ekoro

Zero__wind wrote:

it would be really great to get such a nice map ranked
better with more input/feedback from the pro guys inb4 though
can't really help out here but take a ☆ of good luck~
Thank you! c:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Kurimu wrote:

i dont get it
I agree that it is not simple to mod objectively, when we can't pass or play some patterns, 240 BPM streams are difficult to play ;w;
But let our modding experience speak ^^ I hope it can be good enough.
Well, we need more testplays so ;w;
Kyubey asked Doomsday i was too shy to ask to do a check on it, and he accepted. Now waiting for it, maybe it'll help.
FappyBabes
the trending freedom dive
xLolicore-
Dang, this map is scarier than Freedom Dive XD
-GN
i thought i'd mod this but there's not really much to point out. aesthetically this map is definitely 10/10, and i don't see any real problematic parts as far as playability goes. mostly minor suggestions below.

[Time Freeze]
00:40:225 (1,2,3,4,5) - this star jump is pretty large. scaling it down to about 2.3 makes it play better in my opinion, although it's up to you.
01:04:225 (1,2) - this gap makes this long stream very awkward to finish.
01:27:975 (11) - this slider sticks out in a bad way. why not just bend it so that it flows like this or whatever https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2890538
01:30:225 (1,2,3,4) - also i find that these should be spaced out a bit more so you keep the energy from the streams although it'd be very hard to change i guess
01:35:787 (4) - this note doesn't exist in the music as far as i can hear
01:42:975 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - this stream should be spaced less as most of the 1/2 jumps before it aren't as fast and results in a speedup in movement that feels weird to me(the music is a bit calmer in this part, it should be acceptable). 0.9x DS is better in my opinion.
01:45:475 (1,2,1,2,3) - this is gonna break people's combos damn near every time, i feel it in my bones :o reduce spacing a bit?
01:57:725 (9,10,11,12,13) - this part of the stream has an inconsistent curve - it points out a bit on the bottom
02:00:225 (1,2,3) - don't make this a stack, it just kills all the movement and that plays weird - make it flow! :D
02:03:350 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - try to mirror this with 02:02:975 (9,10,11,12,1,2) - by bending the 5,6,7,8 part a bit more. the shape seems a bit off.
03:12:100 (9,10,1,2) - bend this stream like a three-point slider so it doesn't stick out.

i think the part from 02:20:225 (1) - to 02:37:975 (3) - should have its own slight red combo color since it's more special than the rest of the map. you have the space for it, so why not? in addition to that, it'd be much cooler to have a simple storyboard just for extra accentuation of the kiai. 8-) 8-) 8-)
VINXIS
lol I was expecting this to get reranked the day it got unranked rip
Topic Starter
Ekoro

-GN wrote:

i thought i'd mod this but there's not really much to point out. aesthetically this map is definitely 10/10, and i don't see any real problematic parts as far as playability goes. mostly minor suggestions below.

[Time Freeze]
00:40:225 (1,2,3,4,5) - this star jump is pretty large. scaling it down to about 2.3 makes it play better in my opinion, although it's up to you. lowered to 2,4
01:04:225 (1,2) - this gap makes this long stream very awkward to finish. as you can see, i ran out of place, and doing this looks nice to me. and tbh, i don't really think it plays that bad with that 1/2 shortbreak
01:27:975 (11) - this slider sticks out in a bad way. why not just bend it so that it flows like this or whatever https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2890538 done
01:30:225 (1,2,3,4) - also i find that these should be spaced out a bit more so you keep the energy from the streams although it'd be very hard to change i guess indeed hard because it's a very restricted place ;_; and that pattern looks good to me, that's why i wanna keep it like that.
01:35:787 (4) - this note doesn't exist in the music as far as i can hear it might be overmapping but this is the way i feel the song is. most streams emphasize the song, i don't want to remove this "feeling" with -1, -2 or ->3 circles, i hope it's understandable. at least, other parts are fairly right, i guess.
01:42:975 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - this stream should be spaced less as most of the 1/2 jumps before it aren't as fast and results in a speedup in movement that feels weird to me(the music is a bit calmer in this part, it should be acceptable). 0.9x DS is better in my opinion. i used x1.0 for pretty much everything else but the kiai time (x0.9 since it's SV boost), so i think i'll stay regular about it.
01:45:475 (1,2,1,2,3) - this is gonna break people's combos damn near every time, i feel it in my bones :o reduce spacing a bit? -EXTREME EMPHASIZING HERE-
01:57:725 (9,10,11,12,13) - this part of the stream has an inconsistent curve - it points out a bit on the bottom It was to fix the curve, according to Cherry Blossom. But i agree that the "point" should be changed (and it looks ugly... actually. LOL), fixed. hope it's better now!
02:00:225 (1,2,3) - don't make this a stack, it just kills all the movement and that plays weird - make it flow! :D The previous sliders are spaced so players will likely hold them without making the slider entirely, it's like a stack. I guess that the stack continue this part.
02:03:350 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - try to mirror this with 02:02:975 (9,10,11,12,1,2) - by bending the 5,6,7,8 part a bit more. the shape seems a bit off. changed the shape of (1,2,3), copypasted to have (4,5,6) and adjusted patterns with it.
03:12:100 (9,10,1,2) - bend this stream like a three-point slider so it doesn't stick out. changed the patterns since 03:12:100 (9,10,1,2,3) seemed weird

i think the part from 02:20:225 (1) - to 02:37:975 (3) - should have its own slight red combo color since it's more special than the rest of the map. you have the space for it, so why not? in addition to that, it'd be much cooler to have a simple storyboard just for extra accentuation of the kiai. 8-) 8-) 8-) I can't find any other color, brighter red removes all the "bloody" thing from Sakuya's eye. I guess it's fine enough. and why would you disqualify without a sb and rank it with \:D/
thanks -GN !
Kyubey

VINXIS wrote:

lol I was expecting this to get reranked the day it got unranked rip
In first we thought about this way, but then decided to wait for some feedback from pro players.
Shiawase
Just ranking.
Silverboxer
can't even be upset with this unrank due to all the nice mods that have been given because of it. good luck reranking this ekoro
Vuelo Eluko
the dream is dead
Keichi-kun
I thought the same as Blue Dragon, the Extra diff is enough
Kyubey
Mapper knows better, what is enough.
Topic Starter
Ekoro
Glad that i can accept opinions without jerking off almost <3

The Time Freeze is good for me because it follows the song correctly. It might be slightly overmapped with some extended streams but that's how i see this song. To emphasize some parts (i actually did that a lot), there are streams or spaced ones. Extra is just a undermapped and underspaced version of this, i'd feel that i didn't push the song till its limits. By that i meant those continuous streams. To me, it's a good spread and every diff is there. I won't requalify it without Time Freeze diff, because the mapset is mostly around that diff, it's the hardest thing i can make (even if i could have used different spacing streams according to the song, would be over 8 stars lol)

tl;dr time freeze is part of the mapset more than every other diff
ikin5050
It's about your interpretation of the song, i somewhat agree with it but it's still pretty insane

just something, in time freeze i personally dislike the weird hitsounding a lot, as a taiko player the irregular and strange patterns are something i feel don't really add that much considering not all of them follow the song (imho)
Kyubey

ikin5050 wrote:

as a taiko player
Map wasn't made for Taiko.
Doomsday
Apologies for leaving this late. Just popping in to share some of my thoughts on [Time Freeze]. This is not a detailed mod, but simply my opinions on the difficulty as a whole.

Time Freeze is very difficult, yes, but it does accentuate the song. The song is very intense, remains so consistently, and the map compliments this. It's tough, yes, but for those who can manage it, it isn't going overboard with the music.

The reason why I feel that this incredibly difficult beatmap works as a ranked map is where the difficulty comes from; The BPM. This map is not a mechanically-difficult map like Dopamine or Hanairo Biyori, with complex patterns which are difficult to read; The actual patterns themselves are very simple to read. Jump patterns, while being widely spaced, are clearly readable, and sensibly placed for the most part, with overlapping notes being rare. Streaming patterns are shaped simply; curves that are aim-friendly and flow the whole way through with no sudden change in direction, with the start and end of the streams flowing into the direction of the next pattern well. I believe that the sole thing that makes the patterns in this map difficult is the very high BPM, and if this map was something like 180BPM, it would be playable or even FC-able by any mid-level player comfortably. It rewards those who are fast. This includes the increased spacing of the ending, which still adheres to basic mapping that makes the rest of the map work well. It just buffs the spacing a little bit without going overboard, and is amplified by the high-speed.

Many unranked maps with this kind of difficulty often have flow-breaking sections which many high-level players overlook because of the enjoyment of playing a very challenging beatmap. However, the basic mapping style of this map does its best to help a player through, reading and aiming wise. It just happens to be very fast, which is going to make it very hard. It's a well-made map, and for those who can do the speed, an enjoyable one.

---

Hopefully I've given a little bit of insight. I haven't talked about mapping in quite a while so I'm rusty as hell. :(
Topic Starter
Ekoro
Thanks Doomsday, you clarified things a lot!

Also added a SB made by jyvii, huge thanks to you bro !
Juuryoushin
Thanks for adding my diffs in your description, Ekoro. Some advertisement doesn't hurt :')
Topic Starter
Ekoro

Juuryoushin wrote:

Thanks for adding my diffs in your description, Ekoro. Some advertisement doesn't hurt :')
I thought about it when i remembered the puu.sh link i have redirect to "Didou's Inner Oni". You changed it to "Juu's Inner Oni" and also added a second diff, so i changed the link and remade whole post anyway.

more unranked taiko spam for taiko players !
Neil Watts
Jenny

Ekoro wrote:

Glad that i can accept opinions without jerking off almost <3

The Time Freeze is good for me because it follows the song correctly. It might be slightly overmapped with some extended streams but that's how i see this song. To emphasize some parts (i actually did that a lot), there are streams or spaced ones. Extra is just a undermapped and underspaced version of this, i'd feel that i didn't push the song till its limits. By that i meant those continuous streams. To me, it's a good spread and every diff is there. I won't requalify it without Time Freeze diff, because the mapset is mostly around that diff, it's the hardest thing i can make (even if i could have used different spacing streams according to the song, would be over 8 stars lol)

tl;dr time freeze is part of the mapset more than every other diff
I can feel you.
Aka
V:
Kyubey
:V
Lanturn
\('<')/
Topic Starter
Ekoro
Thanks, you two, get a totally deserved hug (>°w°)>
Juuryoushin
Grats once again, my friend
Infeh
Gratz for second rank :D
Bad bg but thats just me...
gamecrashed_old
So i went onto taiko scores to BS #1 and it just freezes at the end of the song o.o
Lach

gamecrashed wrote:

So i went onto taiko scores to BS #1 and it just freezes at the end of the song o.o
ironic name
FormerLurker

gamecrashed wrote:

Why it's called Everything will freeze ^
Smudge
re-gratz :3

Awesome map (and song)!
ghm12
Congrats Again!
[ Mephisto ]
Re-Congrats >_>
Neil Watts
aaaand he strikes again <3
grats m8 8-)
Vuelo Eluko
wow it actually happened gratz

pessimism
and now we wait for the next problem that could have been brought up earlier but is being saved as ammunition just in case it got re-qualified
show more