forum

[resolved] osu is slower than it usually is

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ClevelandsMyBro
Problem details: latency yesterday and usually its around 1-1.5ms but today its 2-5ms. literally the same settings on pc and osu as i left it yesterday. was there some update that added useless shit that made it slower or something?

update: setting osu's priority to realtime through task manager does help, currently averaging around 1.8ms. still wanna know wtf is happening tho.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: you get the idea

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
chromb
1) PLEASE don't fuck around with priorities.

2) Are you running osu! with any overlays, such as discord or overwolf (or potentially steam, i know they added a recording feature that might be messing with it)
Topic Starter
ClevelandsMyBro
hey chromb

1. why
2. none of those, but sometimes i do have chrome open. ig fyi my laptop is quiet ancient so multitasking isnt an option most of the time tho i upgraded to an ssd a few konths ago.

my hypothesis is its probably has something to do with opentablet driver (or my tablet in general). gonna try playing with mouse and if its still fucking up then i'll come back.
chromb
priorities aren't really meant to be messed with unless you really know what you're doing. Advice from ppy is "don't touch them".

Is your game running in game mode? That's normally something people forget to turn on.

(There's also a decent chance it's windows bloatware lmao)
Topic Starter
ClevelandsMyBro
ok idk wtf happened but it somehow fixes itself overnight and now im twice as confused as i was

chromb wrote:

(There's also a decent chance it's windows bloatware lmao)
nah i cba if this was some windows shit then its probably gods way of telling me to finally switch to linux

btw chromb you can mark this as resolved ig. cheers lad for keeping up with my bs