forum

[Archived] osu(lazer)tournament client - flags always reset.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ongon
Problem details: I'm creating the bracket for an upcoming tournament that is US only and uses flags for each state. I have put the flags into the flags folder and they show up when I change the 'flag' box to the acronym in the lazer tournament client. However, every time I close and re-open the tournament client, all of the flags reset (yes, even after I press the save button).

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Before

After

osu! version: Lazer 2024.521.2
Jason X
Was contacted by ongon on discord prior to the creation of this post, here is what we tried/checked so far

- Disabling "Read only" mode for the respective files/folder.
- Admin mode.
- Renaming files
>> Works with longer names, but if the actual (correct) names are used it defaults back to the ISO ones.

Note: I did manage to recreate the issue myself:
What I had when I pressed "save":

What I got after restarting the tourney client:

My suspicion was that it was a bug for "close match", but it seems actually be related to the Acronym:
The client seems to read the acronym only until it gets a match, ignoring the rest of the acronym field.
Then it puts the flags according to the Acronym, and not to what was entered by the user.

- In ongon's screenshots, we got STA(A) and VA, considering my suspicion, it reads ST for Sao Tome (ignoring the rest), and VA for Vatican
- In my screenshots I'm using LUE for Luechow (writing without umlauts), but it only seems to read LU before updating the flag to Luxembourg instead of using the one I put in the folder.
Blushing
Hmm, I think the best route to go is to make a post in the github to see the best route of action is:

https://github.com/ppy/osu/discussions

If you guys can't/don't know how to make the post let me know and I can assist.
Jason X
Posted to github after consulting with ongon: https://github.com/ppy/osu/discussions/28546