forum

[Archived] My mouse has been randomly stopping and I cannot play at all

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kryz
Problem details: My mouse in every other game works perfectly, and it works in the osu! menu as well, but as soon as i try and play a map it stops at random parts and I simply cant play the game, this problem has been happening since a month ago but only recently did it become this bad

Video of showing the problem: https://streamable.com/jrfxof

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
Blushing
What is the polling rate of your mouse? If you have a mouse that comes with software in which you can change the polling rate, profiles, and other stuff. It might be beneficial to change them or configure them differently.

Try looking through the performance troubleshooting wiki wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting
Topic Starter
Kryz
It has 1000 polling rate, sorry for the late response
Blushing
try reducing that and see if there is any change. Also make sure to do this with nothing going on in the background, make sure that you are using the default skin and are playing a ranked map. Then report back :D
Topic Starter
Kryz
I just tried putting my mouse at 500hz then 125, default skin, on a ranked map and my mouse still stops randomly or just lags behind
Blushing
Topic Starter
Kryz
I did see those posts and I did what they said but it didn't seem to work for me