forum

[Archived] Can't download maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Devoteeee
Edit: Solution: I quit

Problem details: As the title says I can't download maps be it from osu!direct or from the website. I know it has something to do with perms because I can download while running as administrator. I tried repairing perms while running as admin it did nothing. Downloading maps while running as administrator and then trying to run it as per usual does not allow me to play the map as I have to "process beatmap" and after I do that it breaks again. Been in contact with osu!supp via mail but they haven't responded in over a week now so I'm coming here (also tried in discord to no avail). I can play maps that were downloaded before this problem occured. It's the same for laser.

All downloaded maps are going into the failed folder, I tried deleting them and redownloading: it did nothing.

In the screenshot I had tried downloading osu over osu.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Any help or tangible advice would be appreciated!

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20240507
chromb
would you happen to be doing any *weird stuff* with windows, or have folder permissions set to read-only or something like that
Topic Starter
Devoteeee
Oh, upon further inspection it seems it's because of read-only on the osu! folder. Well good to know it's something simple. Thank you for the help!

While turning off read-only somthn weird is happening because immediately after read-only is applied to the folder again, does anyone know what might be causing this?
chromb

Devoteeee wrote:

While turning off read-only somthn weird is happening because immediately after read-only is applied to the folder again, does anyone know what might be causing this?
Could one of the parent folders be read-only? I think that could cause it.
Topic Starter
Devoteeee
Hmm something is definitely weird, I've now removed read-only but now I can't open the game no matter what I do.
Topic Starter
Devoteeee
at least I ended my osu! career with 169 plays on Hitorigoto and 1069 plays for my last month