forum

question about 6hour + playtime

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Handstream
so basically i had a timer for 7am almost everyday to play osu mania for 6 hours

curious how good ill get in 3 months (end of summer)
currently 3*, i’ve tried to see check other threads about it but i haven’t seen because playing 6h per day is probably niche af also wanted to know how better possibly i can get in a months time

and for some odd reason when i’m hyper fixated on something i don’t/rarely get burnt out but taking breaks is crucial so i have time to clear my head

and instead of playing blind for a few hours i play in areas im weak at like chordjak or something or streams and then when im finished i will play for fun. And now im practicing vibro for a hour aswell!
Kaaruumii
injury speedrun any%

ok but for real this isnt a good idea and practicing vibro very early on in your career + doing it for an hour is just asking to get injured, if you are gonna play for 6 hours at least split it up to 2 seperate 3 hour sessions as you need to let your body rest in order to gain back your endurance. tbh you will most likely end up wasting more time when you only really need 1 hour a day to actually get good gains.

improvement is a marathon, not a sprint please dont spam vibro maps then end up permanently injuring the fingers you can only be given once

pls enjoy game
Topic Starter
Handstream

Kaaruumii wrote:

injury speedrun any%

ok but for real this isnt a good idea and practicing vibro very early on in your career + doing it for an hour is just asking to get injured, if you are gonna play for 6 hours at least split it up to 2 seperate 3 hour sessions as you need to let your body rest in order to gain back your endurance. tbh you will most likely end up wasting more time when you only really need 1 hour a day to actually get good gains.

improvement is a marathon, not a sprint please dont spam vibro maps then end up permanently injuring the fingers you can only be given once

pls enjoy game
Thank you i really appreciate it for vibro i just like it for fun not really practice but if it’ll damage me i guess not 😭
Verdon
adding on to what the other person said, if you ever feel any sharp pains while practicing, stop playing immediately if you want to avoid permanent injury. (a burning sensation or soreness is normal but not a sharp stabbing pain.)

for your sessions, if you *really* want to play 6 hours a day no matter what then I'd suggest taking a decently long break more or less around every two hours.

about vibro, as a skill it isn't really important so I'd honestly personally advise you stay away from it completely for now especially since you're only playing ~3*. if you do end up wanting to keep practicing it then please make sure you're using proper technique and not pushing yourself too hard.

since you want to improve quickly, I'll drop a few tips. I'm a fairly high level player but you don't have to take my word. I would still suggest at least reading them.

click here for tips. warning: wall of text
  1. don't spam retry maps if you're doing poorly.
  1. always have a proper warmup before playing.
  1. look at your replays sometimes to see where you can improve.
  1. your mentality about the game is extremely important for improvement. keep your mental good and your experience playing the game will be good. if you're solely playing to improve and get better then you might be prone to falling into a bad mental. your emotions will affect how you play so try not to feel too upset if you're playing worse than usual. (this could also lead to bad habits like spam retrying maps but not doing any better then feeling even more frustrated, leading to mindblock.)
  1. I said it above but please keep yourself healthy (stay hydrated btw) and avoid injury. any injury will absolutely slow down your improvement, and if you push yourself too much then you could end up suffering permanent damage.

if theres anything you want me to elaborate on you can ask me on discord
Topic Starter
Handstream

Verdon wrote:

adding on to what the other person said, if you ever feel any sharp pains while practicing, stop playing immediately if you want to avoid permanent injury. (a burning sensation or soreness is normal but not a sharp stabbing pain.)

for your sessions, if you *really* want to play 6 hours a day no matter what then I'd suggest taking a decently long break more or less around every two hours.

about vibro, as a skill it isn't really important so I'd honestly personally advise you stay away from it completely for now especially since you're only playing ~3*. if you do end up wanting to keep practicing it then please make sure you're using proper technique and not pushing yourself too hard.

since you want to improve quickly, I'll drop a few tips. I'm a fairly high level player but you don't have to take my word. I would still suggest at least reading them.

click here for tips. warning: wall of text
  1. don't spam retry maps if you're doing poorly.
  1. always have a proper warmup before playing.
  1. look at your replays sometimes to see where you can improve.
  1. your mentality about the game is extremely important for improvement. keep your mental good and your experience playing the game will be good. if you're solely playing to improve and get better then you might be prone to falling into a bad mental. your emotions will affect how you play so try not to feel too upset if you're playing worse than usual. (this could also lead to bad habits like spam retrying maps but not doing any better then feeling even more frustrated, leading to mindblock.)
  1. I said it above but please keep yourself healthy (stay hydrated btw) and avoid injury. any injury will absolutely slow down your improvement, and if you push yourself too much then you could end up suffering permanent damage.

if theres anything you want me to elaborate on you can ask me on discord
Thank you so much for this post! it was really informative and helpful ❤️
moths
Adding because it hasn't been explicitly mentioned yet, I *highly* recommend adding a proper stretching routine to your sessions if you haven't already. They're pretty easy to find if you just look up wrist/hand stretches, and they're great for keeping yourself from injury. Plus on top of that, in my experience I've just played better during sessions I had stretched compared to those I didn't

This is a great place to start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiRC80FJbHU
Topic Starter
Handstream

mothman wrote:

Adding because it hasn't been explicitly mentioned yet, I *highly* recommend adding a proper stretching routine to your sessions if you haven't already. They're pretty easy to find if you just look up wrist/hand stretches, and they're great for keeping yourself from injury. Plus on top of that, in my experience I've just played better during sessions I had stretched compared to those I didn't

This is a great place to start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiRC80FJbHU
These stretches are really helpful esp for long game times Ty
pizzaboy
2 hours a day has given me a fair amount of problems with my hands any amount more is just dangerous

If you wanna play so much your gonna need to know your stuff (how to stretch when to take breaks how much water you need and sleep)

This is mostly just a dumb idea as I find lots of good players go for quality not quantity sessions you want to push yourself but what your doing is the equivalent of running a marathon as an out of shape 40 year old with 60 pound weights strapped to your ankles
Crogzyy-
Practicing Vibro for a hour is basically asking for a wrist injury. This skillset also isn't one you are going to encounter often, so like Verdon said, I recommend staying away from that skill set for the time being.

Another tip I could give you is to take some breaks in-between your 6-hour session. A time that usually is perfect for this scenario is about 20-30 minutes. Make sure you have plenty of water to replenish your thirst; and some food too replenish some of that lost energy.

Cheers.
McEndu
vibro is only for dt pp farming in the very endgame

4-digits and below will find no use for it