forum

Beatmap exceeding allowed limit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
StooStew
Ive been trying to put a video as a background for the past 30 minutes but no matter how many times i compress it it always says in the aimod thingy that its exceeding the limit (6.747 Kb)
Why is that?I didnt had this problem when putting videos as backgrounds in my other beatmaps
Mother Nature
Keep in mind that the file size is determined by the beatmap's length, which means the longer the beatmap, the better for posting videos. If you place a circle at the beginning and at the end, you shouldn't have any problems posting it.

You can also remove the audio from video to save some space!
Jason X
Limitations: wiki/en/Beatmapping/Beatmap_submission#limitations
You can calculate your maximum filesize with this.
Base: 5 MB + 10 MB for every fully mapped minute of the song.
So if (for example) you got a 3 minute song fully mapped, your maximum filesize for upload is 35 MB.

Considering the above ad the below text, you could potentially dismiss the warning it gives you.
Mother Nature also made a point, for max upload capacity simply place a circle at the beginning and the end of the map.

Also, I'd like to point out that AiMod hasn't been updated since... Well, been a couple years
Sure it's still a relevant tool, but some warnings/issues it shows are no longer seen as such, so I recommend checking the ranking criteria and also trying Mapset Verifier (link), as this tool is a lot more up-to-date.