forum

[added] Increase the cap for ranked maps per day

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asphyxia
Hi,

With the amount of new beatmap nominators getting added recently along with some former ones rejoining the team, there has been a huge increase in the amount of qualified maps we get. The most recent qualified maps take approximately 12 days to get ranked which can be seen here, and I personally don't see the queue slowing down anytime soon either.

The reasoning to increase the amount of ranked maps we get per day is just to accommodate the direction where the game is heading towards, especially with the new changes to NAT, evaluations and so on. The only real other argument I have to support my case is the fact that as a mapper, it just feels... rather ''inconvenient'' and annoying to wait such times for your map to get ranked. I do however realize that these are just my own feelings and don't hold much value in the grand scheme of things. I'm also sure that there are some players out there that want to start farming a specific map to set their ''forever'' score, so to speak. Like said previously, if the qualified gets bigger and bigger, so does the queue and sooner or later we'll be met with a queue that's longer than 2 to 3 weeks.

There's definitely an argument to be had here where the queue exists to combat the overwhelming amount of ranked maps we'd otherwise be getting, but I do think that this change could possibly be shipped around the same time as the map labeling / mapping tags. This way you could filter out the maps you don't want to see or are not interested in, lowering the amount of new maps you'd see by a large margin.

I'd love to hear your thoughts regarding this and possibly spark some discussion!

tl;dr to combat current and future qualified backlog, increase ranked map cap due to recent (and possibly future) changes regarding mapping, nats etc
Nao Tomori
as stated in bn server I support an increase once tags are implemented (inb4 tags take 10 years)
Drum-Hitnormal
dont think it makes sense to block ranking queue cuz we have a shit search engine... if u say we block so people have time to qa maps that make more sense.

in support of removing block completly, not wait for tag change

more content is always better for player

first time i heard theres a queue for ranked...
Okoratu
i think we should wait a bit more and see if people chill out or not. If we hit a queue length of 200 i think we should do something about it
clayton
I think I said this last time the topic came up, but the cap is already too high to do anything meaningful for me. the time requirement to keep up with qualified or ranked these days (whether for modding or just playing every map) is ridiculous -- it would make no difference to me if there were just no cap at all, so in that sense I think increasing the cap is okay too. I miss smaller ranked cap but I've never seen anyone else support shrinking it lol

Drum-Hitnormal wrote:

more content is always better for player
don't speak for all players :(
McEndu
I think we can scale the cap to the number of NAT+BNs for a mode? Maybe make the daily ranked limit be 1 map per 5 NAT/BN, the minimum limit being 10. If a mode has 100 NAT+BNs for example, that mode would be able to rank 20 maps per day.
Okoratu
current number in consideration is 16, current limit is 12 apparently
https://github.com/ppy/osu-web/issues/11267
-Mo-
^ 16 per day should be in effect now
Topic Starter
Asphyxia
Excellent, thank you!
Noffy
Moving to archive as it was implemented and has been chugging along now.