forum

[Archived] Input and Hit Positions are Way Too Early for Me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Excelsussy
I'm sorry if this comes off as strong but understand that I have been trying to play Osu!Mania for around three years now. Though I have been REALLY struggling, specifically on my inputs. I know this isn't something on my end with my setup, as I have been able to play Etterna effortlessly with a nearly unchanged offset for the same amount of years, and I even installed Quaver to test it there, where I don't experience the problems either. I have also played with the offset wizard in Osu for a bit but I have noticed that it only changes where the audio is played in terms of the map, and not the actual judgement for inputs itself.

Basically what's happening is, no matter what the skin I choose, or how I alter the hit position in the .ini file, my inputs always are way, way too late, despite the fact that the keys are pressed a good half an inch away from where the judgement line need to be for me. I feel like this is an issue with the game itself because even when I play taiko, I will get a late input despite me pressing it as it's dead center in the circle, and it's not even close. Standard osu! feels fine, but that's also because I started learning that playstyle in this game, so the inputs are probably much later than they appear too. Everything else however, I know I've had the same issue, because I've played the other styles in different rhythm games and they haven't ever presented such an issue.

So I just need to know: if this is a noteskin thing, are all noteskins like this in Osu? Because every single one seems to have the same input issue of the hit position being super early, even the default one.

Thanks.

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)