forum

Catch the beat poll

posted
Total Posts

Do you think catch the beat is a childs' game?

No
64.89%
Yes
35.11%
Total votes: 131
Topic Starter
Furiisaizu
If you saw CTB for the first time would you see it as a childs' game and or do you still see it as a childs' game?
take these into consideration:
Simple gameplay, (even though there are difficulty choices, it's still simple, all you do is catch the fruits.)
Colours used.
Shapes used.
Sounds used.
Simplicity.

sorry, i only accept yes or no answers, even though it CAN be both.

ps
Yes, i know anyone can play it, im just polling to whether you think its a kids game or not.
don't judge a book by its cover, but id appreciate it if you do.

Cyclohexane
Moved to the appropriate section
Topic Starter
Furiisaizu

Mr Color wrote:

Moved to the appropriate section
OH THANKSs, SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?
Seph
You made it look like one, so I voted yes.
Topic Starter
Furiisaizu

Seph wrote:

You made it look like one, so I voted yes.
~
Suikami
voted Yes because I can
Topic Starter
Furiisaizu

Ex-Rei wrote:

voted Yes because I can
:D:D THANKS FOR THE VOTE (:
Restless Spirit
Yeah pretty much. The premise, anyway. But the actual gameplay can be, at a certain difficulty, more of an teen's or adult's game because most kids may get sick of this shit when it's too fucking hard to catch them apples.

And what the FUCK is wrong with that screenshot? The quality is worse than my mother's drinking problem.
GladiOol
lolctb. what are you, 12????
Kitsunemimi
Maybe it's a child's game if you're playing a Pokemon theme song on the easy difficulty using both Easy and NoFail with a 5 combo and saved the screenshot as a quality 12 jpg.

But if you did that to any of the other modes (except osu!mania), they would probably look just as childish.

If that's not enough, I'll take you up on your "judgment" criteria.
The gameplay of standard and Taiko are also relatively simple (you just click circles on the screen, or you hit specific coloured circles).
The colours are the same as the ones in standard.
The shapes are skinnable (i use circles), and fruits are merely a theme (what else would you be catching falling from the sky?)
The sounds are the same as the ones in standard as well.
And you wrote simplicity twice.

Why I'm taking a thread like this so seriously I honestly don't know, but that's all I have to say for now.
eeezzzeee
If you want, you can make a skin that replaces all the fruits with assault rifles and hitsounds with gunshots :P

Jokes aside, it might be simple but takes skill to be good too.
DestinySonata
If you see it for the first time, it would look like a child's game. Even my friend said this: "I'm convinced that no one can suck at this game."
Voted yes because if it's the first time, you'll probably choose Easy maps, thus super slow fruits falling down, making it easy.

I never saw it as child's game however, since having played Taiko and Standard first, I had an idea that even the seemingly easy CTB would be hard.
Restless Spirit
And it evidentliy is.
Sethlied
HAHA FUCKING CHILDREN
Birdy
ur mom
kouzuki_karen
EZ + NF I see there

of course
Blaziken
If you start with chipscape, no.
ExGon
My brother thinks that ctb is child's game
Badis

Navizel
You are using easy and nofail mod. of course it would be easy.
DakkyChan

ExGon wrote:

my brother to WTF
VelperK

DakkyChan wrote:

ExGon wrote:

my brother to WTF
they both suck

but yes it is
loldcraft
Rhythm games (and partially anime) taught me one important lesson. Dont judge the target audience by how it looks, no matter how childish it may be
(Look at pop n music...)
KinAce
some of my RL friends think CTB is a child's game >:(
Charles445
you kids can't tell me what to catch

Birdy

ExGon wrote:

did ExGon just post in Off-Topic
-shawnthefox
First time I saw it, my classmate was playing a relatively hard map
I was kind of overwhelmed, so no.

And then here I am, only realizing then that ctb really looks like a child's game. But it isn't.
Hahahaha
B1rd
Ignorant internet persons implying that uncomplicated gameplay and cartoonish graphics makes a child's game.

Also 'a child' is not plural.
kirueggy
LOL I don't know why so many people dislike CTB. You should be hating taiko because the controls for that are freaking confusing
TrinitehFoarse

Charles445 wrote:

you kids can't tell me what to catch

Dodge like Touhou!
Granger
Dat necro...

Also:
>Plays the pkmn theme song.
>With easy mod and no fail.
>Asks if this is a kids game.

m8, any gamemode here could be a kids game if you take all and any difficulty out of it.
Rilene
(Sorry for necro-posting but just wanting to say this)

Catch the Beat is a child game, but also for every age to play (I do play CtB too), looks easy, simple and boring, but the hard difficulty are really hard and fun (but not all hard diffs are fun) so many people will likely to underrate this mode because it look easy, simple and boring, so voting "Yes".
AutoMedic
CtB isn't near that level. Try playing Pretender and reanalyze your poll
Daxia
At first I thought it was too easy, and then it started to get intense >w<