forum

[Archived] osu! Running pretty bad

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlueChinchompa
Problem details:
I recently started dual booting windows 10 and linux. The only reason I have windows 10 is for osu! stable (I know about osu-wine but it freezes too much). On linux it would run at 900 fps with 1-1.8ms. But on windows 10 it runs at 300-350fps at 2-3ms. I have downloaded drivers, switched power plans, and changed settings in nvidia control panel. The only apps I have running is firefox, Vesktop (discord), and osu!

For some reason it runs better in compatibility mode as well

I used to also use Windows 11 which would run osu better, but ran like shit in full screen and I had to minimize and unminimize is quickly when starting a map for os!u to run at a good 600fps 2ms.

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3
Nvidia RTX 3050
Intel i5 11th gen
8gb ram

I run osu! off of an Samsung T7 2TB ssd

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
Ashera Tsepeshi
Hello there! If i may to add, this could be happening due to "detail settings" in Graphic settings. Osu is pretty less-demanding when it comes to the performance but still, people can encounter performance issues regardless of that. What I am here to offer, is that you should turn off the shaders. Also, i encourage you to use wired connection type when you are running osu! (that means you should avoid bluetooth connections) because even if you are running a high-end setup, wireless connections can cause your ms to increase a lot. Plus, please run less applications in the background, if you happen to use animated wallpaper, consider at least to stop animating the wallpaper in background when you are playing osu!. Browser tabs can increase your overall ram consumption too. I hope this helps!