forum

[Archived] FPS CAPPED AT RANDOM FPS WITHOUT ANY REASON

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Snakiez
Problem details: FPS capped at 200 (5.0 ms), it is stable. The laptop I'm using is 3060 gpu with i5-12450h cpu, 16 ram. And I always had this problem, it was capped early on as well, not as bad though (minimum was 1.5 ms, sometimes 2.5 ms), which is ofc not how it should be whatsoever, seem like a laptops problem and the game optimization on them. Anyway, I've no idea what is causing all of these fps locks. I tried this:
- turning off nvidia optimus option
- optimizing nvidia settings on control panel (such as vsync and main gpu option) and drivers
- turning game mode (windows setting) on and off
- priority set (basically tried all of them) in task manager
- turned off any fps limiters ingame and in config
- updated from win 10 to win 11 (got worse)
- cleaned my system and got rid off viruses (it was always like that since I got this laptop when it was brand new from a store)

If you had this problem or having rn, lemme know

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Beta 20240513
Blushing
I have a feeling that Optimus isn't exactly turning off. Make sure that using integrated graphics versus dedicated graphics doesnt change anything inherently.
Topic Starter
Snakiez
Yea, there is something about optimus that you cannot turn off completely, because it's a necessary function for any laptop as far as I know, and if I switch to integrated graphics instead of main gpu, I get fps even much worse than usual. So I think my main gpu is working fine while playing. Forgot to mention that I tried overclocking on msi afterburner to lower my temperature, didnt help either.
Anyway, I heard about making some kind of presets on BIOS, like a performance mode or something like that, I'm kinda afraid to do anything there, but if you know something about bios options, I would be grateful if you told me :)
And I have no idea what else should I do about it, since it's happening only in this game.