forum

How to lose confidence?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pizzaboy
I've been playing enough to that point where your ok at the game and you should have a decent confidence but it seems I have too much to let me grow as a player any ways to feel inferior/bad/unconfident just enough to grow
Nanofranne
• Set a score, force yourself or anything to blame because you thought you can do much much, MUCH better than that. Ahh, if only I (insert the excuse/blaming)...
• Only plays super hard maps. It doesn't matter as long as you feel the BUUUURN
• Keep lying to yourself about your capabilities, be it you think that you're mrekk's lost son or you think you're equivalent to nine digits
• Compare yourself to others, do it constantly to the point you have a distorted view of your surrounding (You believe you're on the same level as them 3 digits for exmaple, even though they have 2k hrs+ of osu and you have barely 200hrs)
• Ignore your body and mind screaming for taking breaks. 99% OF OSU PLAYERS CHOKE BEFORE THEY FC IT BIIIIIIIIG!!!!! (Seriously, please take breaks)
• Always thought about past and future. Be ANXIOUS about something that's already happened and something that's you can't control/not happening.
Topic Starter
pizzaboy

Nanofranne wrote:

• Set a score, force yourself or anything to blame because you thought you can do much much, MUCH better than that. Ahh, if only I (insert the excuse/blaming)...
• Only plays super hard maps. It doesn't matter as long as you feel the BUUUURN
• Keep lying to yourself about your capabilities, be it you think that you're mrekk's lost son or you think you're equivalent to nine digits
• Compare yourself to others, do it constantly to the point you have a distorted view of your surrounding (You believe you're on the same level as them 3 digits for exmaple, even though they have 2k hrs+ of osu and you have barely 200hrs)
• Ignore your body and mind screaming for taking breaks. 99% OF OSU PLAYERS CHOKE BEFORE THEY FC IT BIIIIIIIIG!!!!! (Seriously, please take breaks)
Good advice I'll try it
B0ii
be too competitive, only play the game for rank and not fun, sweating over small mistakes in your plays, constantly comparing your current self to your past self when you were in your glory days and getting upset when you can't play like you used to, continue until the game isn't fun anymore and you quit.
UltraBlack
Compare yourself to other players scores, if you play unranked maps then play on private servers like mamestagram. But if you are aware of your confidence then you should not really care about it, the problem of being way too confident is not knowing it. My tip: play on easy multiplayer lobbies, it will help you to understand other players and also know new people.