forum

Keyboard Switch Dilemma

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_mp1506
I reckon this thing is tightly connected to in-game gameplay yes? So my laptop board is actually near dead and I'm looking for an external which I decided on Keychron low profile.

The thing is I know red, and it'll active on the slightest touch no doubt. So, I've been thinking banana which I have no clue about regarding osu! Taiko. If anyone have experience with it on either Taiko or Mania would be helpful for me. Though, there are criterias that I would like to know like:

1. The feeling in general,
2. Minimal hindrance to finger position changes during streams.
3. Actually good to tap above 320 BPM.

Thanks in advance for your help!
McEndu
In China you can use the buy-test-refund loop to find the best switch you want. Elsewhere you can buy a switch tester. There are myriads of switches available and different people will settle on different switches.
Topic Starter
_mp1506

McEndu wrote:

In China you can use the buy-test-refund loop to find the best switch you want. Elsewhere you can buy a switch tester. There are myriads of switches available and different people will settle on different switches.
Thanks for the information.. Gave me an idea to just buy those bananas and a set of hotswap red if available.

谢谢你!
Topic Starter
_mp1506
Update:
I opted for Keychron K1 SE in the end with banana optical switch in the end. For those who don't know it's a low profile mechanical keyboard, and banana switch is the tactile type with the early bump. Migrating from laptop takes time, but it immediately feel like this can go far for taiko. 300 BPM would be a no brainer once I get used to it.

This switch has kind of sharp feel and feedback to it. Also, being a low profile mech it doesn't take high swing for a simple tap. I am very well certain that this switch and board combination is more accuracy based, but you need to have a certain level of confidence in your taps for this board to work optimal. Speed wise, not disappointing... My Asus A450l built in keyboard is a little faster, but the control that I feel from this Keychron is considerably superior (due to the snappy nature of the switch).

Keep in mind that this comes from a subjective view.

Switch spec:
Actuation force: 57g
Actuation distance: 1.1mm
Travel distance: 2.5mm

Still struggling on to not multitap the board, but I'd pick this over my past MX Red any day of the week.
WorstUKTaikoGuy
Had a mechanical die on me and been using membrane for the past few months.
It comes down to two things with a new KB.

1: How long will it take to get used to the new keyboard.

2: will it have a large input delay
Topic Starter
_mp1506

WorstUKTaikoGuy wrote:

Had a mechanical die on me and been using membrane for the past few months.
It comes down to two things with a new KB.

1: How long will it take to get used to the new keyboard.

2: will it have a large input delay
Mech died for Taiko? You bashing your board with hammer or something? What you been using?

I mean you have Through The Fire and The Flames for your 2nd top play and it being 200 BPM lets just say it might be streamy cus DF you know... But it gave you carpal tunnel? Just how hard you been bashing bro??

Anw thanks for the rep
1. Starting to get it
2. I cabled it all the time, so... Minimum

Hope your wrists get better