forum

Project Mapperino

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Petri
Hello, I'd like to introduce a program I've been working on with friends for the past few months. We've built an Electron app that also uses Python to calculate similarities of users local beatmaps. The results have been pretty good but it's still work in progress.

Basically I've always thought about why there isn't a feature to certain type of maps easier than just trying out a bunch of them one-by-one to see which ones are similar.

I'm introducing a tool called Mapperino which comes with an installer and currently it's in 0.8.4 beta, but it's free to use and designed to work with the stable version of osu. Our website is http://mapperino.me/

I'd like you guys to try it out and give us feedback if possible!

What does it do?

As of version 0.8.4, this tool analyzes your local beatmaps and extracts specific attributes for similarity calculations. These attributes include BPM, hit objects, circle & slider ratio, average time differences, spatial distance, and max aim strain. When you select a map, the tool compares it with others that differ by no more than ±1 star rating from your chosen map. You can easily browse through all your local beatmaps within the program.

Who is it for?

This tool is designed for players who enjoy specific types of maps and want to discover others with a similar mapping style or matching segments. Whether you prefer playing a map with HR, HD, EZ or like certain mapping styles, the program will suggest similar ones. Please note that this tool only works with local beatmaps.

Our current plans

We are currently waiting for a beatconnect API or possibly another way to open songs directly on osu. As of version 0.8.4, it only copies results to your clipboard which can then be pasted on osu, or if someone knows a way around this we'd be glad to hear about it :D

Also we are planning on integrating more features using osu API.