forum

[Archived] beatmap difficulty calculation bug, song select is extremely slow

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akurii_
Problem details:
2 days ago I updated my osu after almost 2 years of not playing online because my PC broke, and I had to wait until all of the calculations were done. I only have 16k maps and it took 27 whole hours until it got finished, it was 3 a.m. when I finally was able to play, and I did so, I only played one map and I closed osu, I turned off my pc and went to sleep.

Today I came home from school and I wanted to play osu, and I thought I was going to play peacefully but now there's a bug, on the right top corner it says "difficulty calculation in progress (1 beatmaps remaining)" and it's stuck there, and it's extremely slow and it gets freezed around for 2 minutes or 1 minute when I try to switch a map, hell even the diffs of a map, and I don't know what to do. Also I literally have to crash my osu to close it because it's so extremely slow that I can't close it the conventional way.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20240507
Utsushime
Can you narrow it down to which map it is? The map in question may not be supported by osu. Also, score calculation becomes a low-priority task once you actually start playing, so the game shouldn't lag in principal.
Blushing
Within the runtime.log file there will be a logged event of which beatmap (it will be its ID) is getting stuck. Check out that ID in song select--you can either delete it there or see if there is something in the map (like broken sliders, weird patternings, or the likes) and hopefully this will help your case.
Topic Starter
Akurii_
PROBLEM IS SOLVED

it was a weird image material map that was like 9999999999999* in catch lol, I deleted it and now the problem is solved :)