forum

[Archived] Can't make osu default app for osz files HELP PLEASE :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
seeing
When I Download an osu map it doesn't show the pink icon on it it's just blank and osu is already the default app for it. When I go to make it the default app it does the same thing everytime. Don't know what to do.

Also the osu app icon in the default app menu is blank

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
MusicRitman
right-click any .osz file, click Properties and change the app to osu! by finding the .exe manually.

After you do that, every .osz file should have the pink icon.
Topic Starter
seeing
That's what I did multiple times but it still does the same thing.
Egypt
backup ur beatmaps folder on a flash drive then uninstall osu and delete all temp files after that reinstall osu and add ur beat maps back and try setting osu as the default app for .osz files.

(The problem ur having right now happened to me before and that’s how I fixed it)
Blushing
I dont recommend uninstalling osu!, there is no need.

The dev team has made it so that when you have both lazer and stable installed, opening .osz files from the browser or right clicking them it will auto-choose lazer.

You can counter act this by dragging and dropping those files into the stable client.
Topic Starter
seeing
I don't have lazer installed. I'll add a youtube link of what is happening since It's hard to describe.

If nothing works I guess I will reinstall it, but I really don't want to do that since my hdd would take days to process my 90k or sum maps.

https://youtu.be/rhfBp5TjEWU
Blushing
I see, thanks for the video. I was confused on what was happening.

Are you 100% sure that the osu!.exe that is being shown there (the D:/ directory) is the correct file path for osu!? As osu! doesnt look to be loaded there correctly or there at all?
Topic Starter
seeing
Yeah, I thought it might be soemthing related to that. I'ts not the correct path, but I don't know why it gives the wrong path even tho I chose the right one
Topic Starter
seeing
Update if anyone has this problem: Running the "repair osu!" inside of osu files fixed it for me.