forum

Do you use or have used Notion?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hachiman Ryouta
In case you haven't heard of it Notion is a desktop/phone app to track habits and other things related to productivity, and other things like creativity and stuff.

I am starting to use it and create all sorts of habit traking pages. I hope this helps me to keep track of my life goals.

Is it useful to you?

Do you know other apps of this kind?
Karmine
Have used it for work before, don't like it.
It's one of those "productivity" apps that make you less productive because it brings nothing new and is just a more complicated way to do what you could do with a text file/notes on your phone/discord channel.

With reminders/calendar and notes you can do pretty much anything all these apps do but with less time and effort.
I only use the default notes app on my phone, it has reminders and the only thing I wish it had is a good checklist system (there is one but it doesn't do what I want).

It's not the subject here but people are gonna mention it: Yes I know Notion has some team stuff to work together, it's still somehow less practical than sharing stuff in a discord channel.
lostsilver
no :/
Nuuskamuikkunen
I prefer a physical notebook personally.
Winnyace
No. If I want to take notes, I take them with Obsidian or just use Kate, write it in Markdown and move on.
Topic Starter
Hachiman Ryouta

Karmine wrote:

Have used it for work before, don't like it.
It's one of those "productivity" apps that make you less productive because it brings nothing new and is just a more complicated way to do what you could do with a text file/notes on your phone/discord channel.

With reminders/calendar and notes you can do pretty much anything all these apps do but with less time and effort.
I only use the default notes app on my phone, it has reminders and the only thing I wish it had is a good checklist system (there is one but it doesn't do what I want).

It's not the subject here but people are gonna mention it: Yes I know Notion has some team stuff to work together, it's still somehow less practical than sharing stuff in a discord channel.
I see. Thanks for your comments!

lostsilver wrote:

no :/
:S

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

I prefer a physical notebook personally.
I recently bought B5 japanese high quaility notebooks.

Winnyace wrote:

No. If I want to take notes, I take them with Obsidian or just use Kate, write it in Markdown and move on.
Interesting, I'll give it a look thx.