forum

[Archived] Very late audio playback during gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fr05tyGD
Problem details: Every time i play a song, the audio played will be very delayed. A quick fix was using the universal offset (around -143ms), but that messed with the editor's audio playback, which isnt delayed. Testing the beatmap and hitsounds also has delayed playback. I was wondering if there was a quick fix for this that doesnt involve me switching universal offset every time im mapping/playing.

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
AngyBoy
If you are using a wireless sound device it might cause delay. If so, try using a wired sound device.
Topic Starter
Fr05tyGD
It's wired
SinlessVX
if the issue is only present within osu, you're cooked.

otherwise you can either try switching the usb port (2.0 and 3.0)
(if you plugged it into your chassis port i'd recommended using the ones the mainboard has in the back instead)
getting new headphones
investing in a new soundcard
or a new mainboard altogether.
Topic Starter
Fr05tyGD
well i do see that there's like a delay when im in a vc in discord (the time it takes from me speaking to discord registering it is late) so im guessing this might be an audio driver issue?
[clouds]
That might just be ping, but still worth a try reinstalling your drivers.

Maybe try toggling the "Audio compatability mode" at the Devices tab in osu! settings.
Topic Starter
Fr05tyGD
I think I found the issue. All that was needed was a fresh osu! install and the delay is more or less gone. Laptop still has audio issues though but i'll fix it sooner or later.

What i think happened
The osu! with delay came from an SSD with Linux on it, from a laptop that has a resolution of 1366*768. This osu! came from one of my previous forum posts about running stable on linux. I think the delay could have come from WINE emulating something that windows could run? Not sure.

Copy pasting all the files into my new laptop (2560*1600) also did funky things to the welcome backgrounds (has a black band on top and bottom), but its now resolved with a new install.