forum

[Archived] Hit Sound Delay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Geometryblue
Problem details:

the sound effect of the notes is played after you hit them.
My UO (Universal Offset) is -100, and I know it's a lot but it's where the rhythm really drops with the stroke of the keys, and the problem is that it only configures how late the notes will appear, but not the sound of the notes. Yes, it is fixed by setting the UO to 0, but again the rhythm would not be accurate. It's not a problem with my keyboard either. This also happens with all skins, even the default ones.

Updates:
- It also happens with Osu!Stream. No, not osu streams, i'm talking about the game "osu!stream"
- The investigated and I really suggest an option in OSU for this, since for what I see, it has no solution.
chromb
are you using a bluetooth headset? 100ms sounds EXCESSIVE for anything else.
Topic Starter
Geometryblue

chromb wrote:

are you using a bluetooth headset? 100ms sounds EXCESSIVE for anything else.
No, and I don't really see what the problem would be if the amount is excessive, I guess if it is, the problem I'm having happens, but with -10000ms the rhythm is perfect, before I felt like I hit the notes earlier than normal
Ashera Tsepeshi
Do you happen to run hardware-demanding apps in background while playing? Also, do you use some kind of overlay in the game, like discord overlay?

To add, some screen capturing softwares can increase your ms a lot. For example, steelseries moments (which is running in background constantly to record your screen in high resolutions).