forum

[Archived] Something is preventing my latency from going lower than 1ms

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sanvie
Problem details:
Yesterday I got a new laptop with an RTX 3050, and for the first day, I was getting a latency of 0.5-0.8 ms. However, now I can't get it below 1 ms. It feels like something is preventing it from going lower. For reference, I have installed MH World, Valorant, and Apex before encountering this issue. But, I believe the RTX 3050 should still achieve lower latencies. Are there any technical steps I can take to improve this?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
Blushing
That is not latency, it is frametime which is different.

You will not feel a difference between 1 ms frametime vs 0.5 ms frametime.

Have you checked the performance troubleshooting wiki to see if it helps at all?

Make sure that you have nothing but osu! open and running.

wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting
Topic Starter
Sanvie
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/oydiuo/does_0ms_in_osu_help/

reading this kinda of makes me feel it's true but it's not in my case, I still feel the difference, I also want that low ms numhber like my friends did so yeah I want this so bad lol. It feels like something prevented it from going lower, like it is constant in 1 ms it didn't go up and down
hre's video

What I’ve Tried:

-Tweaked all the in-game settings.
-Updated all my drivers.
-Turned off all unnecessary background processes.
-[Any other things you’ve tried.]

but yeah you know if there is no really tech help what can I do about it. Thanks for answering
Blushing
I do not think that getting sub 1.0 is not something attainable if you've messed around with stuff. I don't think you are actually feeling a difference, but are experiencing a placebo effect that is mimicking the difference in play.

There is not much else I can offer you but to mess around with more settings until you get a a result you are happy with.
Topic Starter
Sanvie
I have to disagree with you lol placebo😂. community/forums/topics/1242839?n=1, Turns out it just I'm using integrated graphics this whole time it backs to normal with 0.5ms. Thank you for not helping at all Blushing, it's resolved now
PP grind
maybe check if you have a framelimit set on the nvidia control panal or in other apps thats the only thing of that i can think off bc if its consistent at 1ms that means you prob have a limiter set in some programm or somewere in the system aka bios