forum

[Archived] 700-900 FPS, none of my streams are hitting. AMD

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
blackosugod
Problem details: 700-900 FPS, better pc and new pc (AMD 3500u CPU, GPU Vega 8 Graphics 16GB RAM, OVERCLOCKED AND FULLY OPTIMIZED) runs worse than my old pc (Intel iGPU w/ 8 GB RAM fully gaming optimized). Doesn't make sense to me as this pc should be significantly better especially overclocked. I have tried a never-ending list of optimizations and just curious if anyone has any knowledge with working with AMD and OSU. I beg as anything is helpful as I don't understand how I can nail 8 star and 7 star streams on an IGPU which statistically should have a worse performance as conversely on this pc have a completely inconsistent and unstable flow on a better pc.

To add, 2 years ago back when I had a monster PC/CPU (Ryzen 5700x Overclocked) jumps were smooth as butter but I had a similar problem with AMD as I had a 5700x back then and I also noticed some issues related to streaming I just can't understand.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20240513.1
Utsushime
First of all, please do not create alt accounts just to submit a problem; players can have only one account in their lifetime. Second, I'm going to assume you followed basic troubleshooting tips like this: wiki/Performance_troubleshooting. Did you? Walk through it again, just to be sure.

Next, what seems to be the actual issue? Is it that you aren't getting 700–800 FPS as you imagine, or that it doesn't feel smooth. Please clarify. 
Are you using applications like Discord or Chrome in the background? They may limit the performance to some degree. Is VSync or FreeSync turned on? There could be a bunch of issues. 

Topic Starter
blackosugod

Utsushime wrote:

First of all, please do not create alt accounts just to submit a problem; players can have only one account in their lifetime. Second, I'm going to assume you followed basic troubleshooting tips like this: wiki/Performance_troubleshooting. Did you? Walk through it again, just to be sure.

Next, what seems to be the actual issue? Is it that you aren't getting 700–800 FPS as you imagine, or that it doesn't feel smooth. Please clarify. 
Are you using applications like Discord or Chrome in the background? They may limit the performance to some degree. Is VSync or FreeSync turned on? There could be a bunch of issues. 

Well I am an offline player due to osusupport not being able to verify I am the owner of my account as I lost access to my OG email and they refuse to help me further, so I stay offline as I do not care.

Second, thanks for the attempted diagnoses but I wouldn't say it is anything limiting my performance, It runs every other game pretty fast and at a good FPS waay better than my old computer, it just feels weird on osu as also the scaling is also noticeably off and/even I do have to use the windows properties settings to sort of fix the scaling. I'm tired of troubleshooting everytime I launch up osu wish i could just enjoy the game lol
Blushing

blackosugod wrote:

Utsushime wrote:

Well I am an offline player due to osusupport not being able to verify I am the owner of my account as I lost access to my OG email and they refuse to help me further, so I stay offline as I do not care.

Second, thanks for the attempted diagnoses but I wouldn't say it is anything limiting my performance, It runs every other game pretty fast and at a good FPS waay better than my old computer, it just feels weird on osu as also the scaling is also noticeably off and/even I do have to use the windows properties settings to sort of fix the scaling. I'm tired of troubleshooting everytime I launch up osu wish i could just enjoy the game lol
Are you only using the integrated graphics?