forum

[Archived] Bug Osu uploads.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jhLuiSrc
Problem: When I upload a map to Osu and download it to test it, when I install it, the map is not shown and it comes out with error. And when I see the folder of my map downloaded from the Osu page I see that it is there with the images and hitsounds, but not the .osu file. Does anyone know how to fix this? Two of the three maps I have uploaded have this error. And in the Osu website the maps have no image.

Here's my profile if you want to check the maps: users/34386280
Jason X

jhLuiSrc wrote:

the map is not shown and it comes out with error.
For future reference: It help if you could tell us the error, or make a screenshot of it.

Problem is this map: beatmapsets/2154063
Your other 2 maps seem to be fine (no issues found with download/import)

Reason for the issue: It seems that you've used a unicode symbol in the name of the .osu file, this causes problems which the Beatmap Submission System can't handle.
Reference: Thread with the same issue (9 months ago): community/forums/topics/1811942?n=1

Grabbed the .osu file for you, so here's the fixed version: http://puu.sh/K7gbJ/b9a2714051.osz
Note: Download link will self-deactivate after 2 months

Using this you can update the map, which should resolve the issue.

If this doesn't resolve let us know.
Topic Starter
jhLuiSrc
Thanks! I am going to try. Out of curiosity, what specifically was giving error?

Edit: It worked! I uploaded it twice, one I just copied and pasted the .osu file from your link to my map and uploaded it and it didn't work. Again, I re-uploaded it but with your exact file and it worked! Maybe the hitsounds were giving problem. I'm not sure, but thanks you!

Edit2: I removed the hitsounds from my Purgatorium map and now the image appears on the Osu page that was not there before.