forum

[resolved] Cannot upload beatmap, get "authentication failure, check login details"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
caughtintheweb
Problem details: I am attempting to upload a map with many difficulties (a pack), where I get all the way through uploading until it starts "distributing to global network", where it then gives the below error. Switching between cutting edge and stable did not work. Logging out and back in also did not work. Restarting PC did not work either. Switching WiFi network also did not work. Unsure of what to do, have asked many people about this and gotten no helpful responses. Will happily send any necessary log files if asked.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://i.imgur.com/HtP2t4R.png

osu! version: Stable
Blushing
Have you attempted to log out of the website as well as the game client then try and submit it?

Does this yield anything different?

--

Please upload the beatmap to like google drive or something to where I can check the contents of the map.

Have you changed your username since you created the map?
Topic Starter
caughtintheweb

Blushing wrote:

Have you attempted to log out of the website as well as the game client then try and submit it?

Does this yield anything different?
Just attempted it, no change.

Blushing wrote:

Please upload the beatmap to like google drive or something to where I can check the contents of the map.
Here you are: https://www.mediafire.com/file/k0ghfiw07hjdysp/Various_Artists_-_Caught%2527s_Carpal_Carnage_Selections_-_Jack.osz/file

Blushing wrote:

Have you changed your username since you created the map?
No, I have never changed my username.
Jason X
You got a diff that has no audio file assigned, which can cause problems with the BSS.
Diff in question: For Myuka, Saragi, Ssrykat, and Loki.

Can't find any other problems in the map itself, so might just be that
Topic Starter
caughtintheweb

Jason X wrote:

You got a diff that has no audio file assigned, which can cause problems with the BSS.
Diff in question: For Myuka, Saragi, Ssrykat, and Loki.

Can't find any other problems in the map itself, so might just be that
I have uploaded a pack that also has a difficulty with no audio file assigned, and that uploaded just fine, so I don't think it's that.
Topic Starter
caughtintheweb
Bumping this because I still have no solution to this so far, even after reinstalling the game completely this error still remains.
Domco
Try changing your password to a more complex one.
Topic Starter
caughtintheweb

Domco wrote:

Try changing your password to a more complex one.
Still nothing, changed it to one with symbols, capital letters, numbers, and almost 20 characters long, still gave same error.
Topic Starter
caughtintheweb
Update: I am encountering the same error on a COMPLETELY different mapset, so I'm starting to think this is an account-wide issue. I have tried changing my password to an extremely complex one, and there is no change. Has anyone even encountered this error before on a frequent basis?
Blushing
is the beatmap somethign simple like 1 mp3 and a difficulty assigned to it thats mapped wihtout anything but normal note placement?>
Topic Starter
caughtintheweb

Blushing wrote:

is the beatmap somethign simple like 1 mp3 and a difficulty assigned to it thats mapped wihtout anything but normal note placement?>
No, it's what's known as a pack, it has many difficulties with completely different songs, however if you're asking if there's storyboards or fancy videos, no, there's not.
Blushing

caughtintheweb wrote:

Blushing wrote:

No, it's what's known as a pack, it has many difficulties with completely different songs, however if you're asking if there's storyboards or fancy videos, no, there's not.
try just submitting something that isnt complex to upload. i.e. a test beatmap. this will help diagnose any issues.

simply upload 1 mp3 generically named, 1 difficulty with no special characters or anything, and like 10 objects in the map 1 in the beginning of the map a couple spread throughout and 1 and the end of the song. then attempt to upload it
Topic Starter
caughtintheweb

Blushing wrote:

try just submitting something that isnt complex to upload. i.e. a test beatmap. this will help diagnose any issues.

simply upload 1 mp3 generically named, 1 difficulty with no special characters or anything, and like 10 objects in the map 1 in the beginning of the map a couple spread throughout and 1 and the end of the song. then attempt to upload it
Just did, worked without issue. Unsure of what could possibly be in the previous 2 packs that could be causing this issue though.
Blushing

caughtintheweb wrote:

Blushing wrote:

Just did, worked without issue. Unsure of what could possibly be in the previous 2 packs that could be causing this issue though.
You can see here: wiki/en/Beatmapping/Beatmap_submission#limitations

The 30:00 map in the first pack also has a note before the red line, with no other notes.... with no audio as well, i know you went through this but lets be safe and just not add it until we are planning on mapping it or knowing what to do with it.

my guess is the shear size of what you are trying to submit. You are only allotted so much "server" space for your maps unless the MP3 is clearly supporting it. The first pack was upwards to 94 MBs, thats a lot.

If the second pack is similar then that would be my guess.
Topic Starter
caughtintheweb

Blushing wrote:

You can see here: wiki/en/Beatmapping/Beatmap_submission#limitations

The 30:00 map in the first pack also has a note before the red line, with no other notes.... with no audio as well, i know you went through this but lets be safe and just not add it until we are planning on mapping it or knowing what to do with it.

my guess is the shear size of what you are trying to submit. You are only allotted so much "server" space for your maps unless the MP3 is clearly supporting it. The first pack was upwards to 94 MBs, thats a lot.

If the second pack is similar then that would be my guess.
The 30 minute map is to allow the pack to be able to be uploaded. The way it works is the beatmap size limit is determined by which map you are on when you click upload, so I had to have an extremely long map in order to upload it properly. The second pack is 122MB, so it shouldn't work at all, but it doesn't give an error until it's already done uploading, which seems strange to me. I'll try removing a few maps entirely and see if that fixes the error.

Update: After removing a few maps completely and lowering the file size, uploading was a success! I still am confused as to why it wouldn't immediately kick me out from uploading and instead wait until the very end to throw an error due to the file size, but that's a problem for the devs to figure out. Thank you for the help everyone, this thread can now be closed.