forum

[Archived] Can't open exported beatmaps with osu! on macbook

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ICanadian
Problem details:

I'm using a macbook air right now and I've exported my beatmap I made on osu!lazer and I tried to open it with osu!. However, a sign popped up saying "There is no Windows program to open this type of file." I think this appeared because I am not using a Windows computer. Is there a way for me to fix this?
BlueChinchompa
Have you tried dragging the file into the osu! client?
Topic Starter
ICanadian
I can't minimize the osu! app either, so I can't get access to my desktop while it is open.
MusicRitman

ICanadian wrote:

I can't minimize the osu! app either, so I can't get access to my desktop while it is open.
You mean you can't make it windowed?
Topic Starter
ICanadian
Yes, something like that. It basically blocks my whole desktop and there's no way to make it smaller.
Blushing

ICanadian wrote:

Yes, something like that. It basically blocks my whole desktop and there's no way to make it smaller.
Have you attempted to deselect the "Fullscreen" setting in the settings then changing the resolution? Im not entirely sure why this function wouldnt be working.
Topic Starter
ICanadian
Yes I have, but after I deselect it, nothing happened
PP grind
Maybe try to select the heatmap and then go on open with program this should work i had that to on my brothers MacBook
Topic Starter
ICanadian
That's the main part of my problem. That doesn't work either because it'll just say " There is no Windows program to open this type of file."
MusicRitman
Always wanted to ask this question, but did you download osu! by the big blue button which says "Download osu! for Windows", or through the "macOS users" text?
Topic Starter
ICanadian

MusicRitman wrote:

Always wanted to ask this question, but did you download osu! by the big blue button which says "Download osu! for Windows", or through the "macOS users" text?
I downloaded using a wineskin.