forum

High BPM Tapping issues.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
miakita
Hi, as you guys can see that my top plays are like usually nomod plays, and im trying to improve myself. I'm struggling with High BPM maps. I know its not gonna happen in overnight. But like i feel like i'm a bad player at all because i'm a nomod player. I can't play dt well, but at least i can play HR and Hidden. Why i'm struggling is actually i'm singletapping when playing nomod maps. But when it comes to the DT maps i can't play at all. I cant even pass 250 bpm jump maps. I changed to play with my Index + Ring Finger because it feels a lot easier to alternate. Should i play with my middle finger + index finger? Or keep playing with ring finger, i dont know what to do. But i cant still get any good scores. I just wanna say that my keyboard is HyperX Alloy Origins 60 ( Aqua Switch ). I bought this because the Actuation point is a bit lower than the normal mechanical keyboard so thats why. Should i alternate or singletap? Anyways, can any player give me some suggestions, strategies, or tapping styles or what should i do for getting a better speed ? ( I'm so sorry about my english too. I can't explain myself that much. Thank you guys btw! :) )
Naiad
As someone who has exclusively alternated from rank 300kish all the way to 4 digit I will say that I think ring middle vs index middle is completely preference when learning to alt. At least for me it's in my head and doesn't have much to do with my hands. I can alternate with both ring index and middle index (despite never playing ring index) and I can alternate with my right hand (although I have some limited experience with mania and taiko so take this with a grain of salt).

Alternating vs singletap is also personal preference with the caveat that if you want to singletap you must have the raw speed required, I think it will be faster to learn to alt than to increase your singletap speed by dozens of bpm (not to mention that if you ever want to play extremely high bpm dt maps then you'll practically need to alt).
Topic Starter
miakita

Naiad wrote:

As someone who has exclusively alternated from rank 300kish all the way to 4 digit I will say that I think ring middle vs index middle is completely preference when learning to alt. At least for me it's in my head and doesn't have much to do with my hands. I can alternate with both ring index and middle index (despite never playing ring index) and I can alternate with my right hand (although I have some limited experience with mania and taiko so take this with a grain of salt).

Alternating vs singletap is also personal preference with the caveat that if you want to singletap you must have the raw speed required, I think it will be faster to learn to alt than to increase your singletap speed by dozens of bpm (not to mention that if you ever want to play extremely high bpm dt maps then you'll practically need to alt).
What kind of maps i should try to improve myself at DT. I can alternate 220-230 ( Max 230 ) BPM nomod maps. But like should i play the maps that i cant even pass, try to push limits. Or should i play the maps like 240-250 BPM Dt which i can at least pass. I really want to be a DT player and i started playing so much DT than NoMod. But i just don't know what should i do.
KS Wicher
idk if you can burst high bpm but i will drop you some higher bpm range mapsets

remember osu is a reading game tho, if you cant read you also cant tap

play some easier diffs to get used to high bpm first

beatmapsets/1130251#osu/2519731 light insane
beatmapsets/203021#osu/490546 insane
beatmapsets/1045600#osu/2190499 light/smokelinds insane (both r good)
beatmapsets/441155#osu/949888 son's insane
beatmapsets/873811#osu/1846237 kencho's/yukiyo's insane (both r good)

if its too hard to read/tap those drop in sr or/and in bpm and grind your way up from there

my opinion might be meaningless tho as im a rusty pisslow player

tldr: if you are having big trouble with alternating play something that forces you to alt but you can still play, its all about getting used to this playstyle

nm alt is good too but i lost a lot of my maps so cant send those
lole123

KS Wicher wrote:

if its too hard to read/tap those drop in sr or/and in bpm and grind your way up from there

tldr: if you are having big trouble with alternating play something that forces you to alt but you can still play, its all about getting used to this playstyle

these are really nice thank you!
Topic Starter
miakita

KS Wicher wrote:

I can't burst high bpm, i can't even fc rockefeller street lol. Thats why i'm asking tho. I can't even fc a "easy farm map". So you said, start with low sr/bpm and climb up slowly right? Just gonna ask 1 more thing, as i said that i can't even fc rockefeller street, and i can burst max. 230 BPM, in this situation i should play more 230 bpm maps to get used to it, and when i get used to it, i should gonna play 240 or 235 BPM correct? I just need some kind of maps which are going to help me improve. Thank you for your suggestions tho, i don't think that is meaningless, that means a lot to me. Thanks for helping!
KS Wicher
If you are having trouble with raw tapping speed you could try putting less strenght into tapping

If you are having problems exclusively with Reading patterns then you just Gotta grind through it

Adjusting your tapping technique (making only necesarry movements)
Helps
Naiad

miakita wrote:

Naiad wrote:

What kind of maps i should try to improve myself at DT. I can alternate 220-230 ( Max 230 ) BPM nomod maps. But like should i play the maps that i cant even pass, try to push limits. Or should i play the maps like 240-250 BPM Dt which i can at least pass. I really want to be a DT player and i started playing so much DT than NoMod. But i just don't know what should i do.
I would recommend to go for maps that you can at least pass. Probably maps where you are getting low A ranks or high B ranks.