forum

What are the differences between rusty and washed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Anaxii 3
This thread is kind of different from any other thread in this subforum, since this is a terminology question. I still have no idea what the difference between washed and rusty. Any ideas?
Fat Fish Pete
I think washed usually refers to players who still plays but can't set scores or perform better/or is performing badly? and rusty is more suitable for players who haven't played in a while. From what I can understand
Wimpy Cursed
rust: you don't play for a bit and your skills have gone dull. So, you start practicing to climb back up.

Washed: Actively play, but you're shit. Your skills go on to a decline due to being old bones. This can happen from trying too hard to achieve a shitty 7* play
Doom Mood
Being rusty is when you lose your skills after not playing the game for a while, you'll get it back once you played it again consistently. Being washed, on the other hand, is basically you're no longer on your prime. This is maybe due to losing interest, burnt out or physical problems.
Topic Starter
Anaxii 3
oh okay, so the "rusting and derusting cycle" term due to school is called washed (not playing for a few days to a week, but you're bad again). Thank you!
Naiad
I've always viewed them as synonymous.
clayton
"washed up" is an idiom that means you're no longer as good or popular at something as you once were, and likely won't be again. I think shortening this to "washed" is more of a gaming culture take on it. "rusty" means you're temporarily worse due to lack of practice or care. basically what Doom Mood said

in practice I imagine people interchange these phrases (among others) and so their particular meaning is lost sometimes
cute and funny
rusty = skill deterioration from lack of playing, but still have the will and potential to improve
washed up = plays the game but doesn't improve anymore due to lack of interest or just physically/mentally can't. basically people like me