forum

[Archived] osu!stable running poorly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
culaguinha
Problem details:
My osu! runs really badly, it wont run with high fps (it's always stuck between 120-240 fps) and it has a lot of stutters both in audio and in video. Since I got my new pc I always had this problem on it, but never had it on my old (for context my old pc specs are: i5 7400 with 1050ti and win10, until today runs osu in average with 1600fps and zero stutters, super smooth experience). I already tried fullscreen and borderless, both with compatibility mode on and off, detect permance issues and reduced dropped frames to, on all combinations i got the same result, drivers and windows are up to date and best perfomance power mode.
It seems that I have the same problem in lazer, but only drops fps if a map has a break.

My new pc specs:
i7 13700H
4070 mobile
16gb ddr5
windows 11

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: b20240425.2
Blushing
does your new PC run with NVIDIA Optimus?

You can check with:

Go to Nvidia Control Panel by right-clicking the desktop. You can change which GPU to use in "Manage 3D settings/Program Settings". You can also choose to display GPU activity in the taskbar by checking "Desktop/Display GPU Activity Icon in Notification Area" in the top bar.

And you have NOTHING running in the background and you are using the default skin when you are playing osu?
Topic Starter
culaguinha
I did not find anything related with NVIDIA Optimus, I only had discord or some chrome tab opened (which I think does not have a major impact) and I was not using the default skin. I already tried changing some settings before, but opening the settings again made me notice there was specific OpenGL settings to change, and now it seems to be running fine (a stutter here and then but always at around 1900fps), I even restarted the PC and it's running fine again. At least for NOW it's really playable.

Print of the settings I changed: