forum

I want to make Osu! Rougelike?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LikiaBili
Like recently i've seen a lot of rougelike games like Risk of rain, the Issac Series and even HITMAN : Freelancer which is crazy that non-rougelike games can be turned into rougelike games
so i was thinking if
you have a random gallery of maps, you choose a gallery and you play it, you finish a map then you're advanced to a random map in the gallery, you acheve pp and use it to unlock more gallerys, and in a run, you are forced to choose a random mod from a list

I would've do it if this post gets a lot of likes and comments and release it as a osu!lazer mod
and even maybe have a online server in the future and make it into the real game? idk lol
Plushsune
I feel like what makes a roguelike one in the first place, aside from the permadeath, is that all of them have some kind of RPG-esque progression (stat buffs/level ups, swapping gear/weapons with better ones, etc)

You won't really get that kind of experience with osu! as it's nearly entirely reliant on player skill, so what you're describing is mainly just a series of challenges and not an actual roguelike
Octostomp

LuriCookie wrote:

I feel like what makes a roguelike one in the first place, aside from the permadeath, is that all of them have some kind of RPG-esque progression (stat buffs/level ups, swapping gear/weapons with better ones, etc)

You won't really get that kind of experience with osu! as it's nearly entirely reliant on player skill, so what you're describing is mainly just a series of challenges and not an actual roguelike
What if mods that made the game easier were upgrades? We can have an upgrade chain, like having a daycore/half time chain, which progressively gets slower the more you upgrade. Or a Relax upgrade.