forum

[Archived] i can't install/update osu (progress bar keeps going backwards)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shirogane Noel
Problem details:
My osu! client prompted me to update after I failed to submit the score for some unknown reason, but there was no update button available (keep in mind my status is online and I'm connected to the server the entire time). Repairing the app got me stuck in a loop, and reinstalling didn't fix the update issue as the launcher progress bar keeps regressing and/or stuck. Here's the update.log

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
update log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nyEVF9w77ZL7VeMp_33H4E4KgPFGpUoN/view?usp=sharing

osu! version: Stable 20240423.2
Blushing
Do you have a hidden folder in your osu! folder named _staging or _cleanup? If so, delete those.

Check to make sure your firewall and/or antivirus are not preventing osu! from updating.

Also you might want to check to make sure your .net framework is updated to 4.7/8
Topic Starter
Shirogane Noel

Blushing wrote:

Do you have a hidden folder in your osu! folder named _staging or _cleanup? If so, delete those.

Check to make sure your firewall and/or antivirus are not preventing osu! from updating.

Also you might want to check to make sure your .net framework is updated to 4.7/8
alright thanks for the reply. I checked all of them and i succeeded to open osu! but the very first problem still persisted. i cannot connect to bancho, and it seems like im on the 2007-2015 version of osu and there is no update button everywhere...
Yui Nee Chan

Shirogane Noel wrote:

Problem details:
My osu! client prompted me to update after I failed to submit the score for some unknown reason, but there was no update button available (keep in mind my status is online and I'm connected to the server the entire time). Repairing the app got me stuck in a loop, and reinstalling didn't fix the update issue as the launcher progress bar keeps regressing and/or stuck. Here's the update.log

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
update log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nyEVF9w77ZL7VeMp_33H4E4KgPFGpUoN/view?usp=sharing

osu! version: Stable 20240423.2
gw juga sama bang