forum

[Archived] Osu crashes and then doesn't boot up again

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ants69
Problem details:
On my first boot of the game, it boots up fine. I can access the settings and beatmaps, but when I try to play a beatmap, osu crashes. Afterwards osu refuses to run unless I restart my laptop. Once i DO restart my laptop the same thing just kinda happens as a loop

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I don't really wanna download recording software just yet (i will if i have to) but i have the crash log:

Application: osu!.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
at OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.GL.DrawElements(OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.PrimitiveType, Int32, OpenTK.Graphics.ES20.DrawElementsType, IntPtr)
at #=zmgFaNrH4mDESOvO_vuxBcOwHEyIMAUBPeA==[[osu.Graphics.OpenGl.TexturedVertex2d, osu!, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].#=zRv16aQFRwdOT(Int32, Int32)
at #=zaOFBhh2hHYc7yFLPxMdfb6KYEXrH[[osu.Graphics.OpenGl.TexturedVertex2d, osu!, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].#=z$N47dFs=()
at #=zD_QeDB_30LZFv9sPx9OrO2nYdHChutiU$w==.#=zhI8ZLwBeT2mW(Boolean)
at #=zD_QeDB_30LZFv9sPx9OrO2nYdHChutiU$w==.#=z$N47dFs=()
at #=zbi6MzNrA_WGktq7h_3FwQUdz2LuE.#=z$N47dFs=()
at #=zSolLQE8zU0hNdSxYlg==.#=z$N47dFs=()
at #=zbBgu9jAq047lIciG3g==.#=zgwRV4$leeTx2(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at #=z9HvKcVfsL_flubi8yq0DRds=.#=zydgUSJM=(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at #=zBS24lRlbfZONCFP7Trv0V5s=.#=zicS1MwRYrMffjxHsaQ==(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form)
at #=zBS24lRlbfZONCFP7Trv0V5s=.#=z0gndKpc=()
at #=zbBgu9jAq047lIciG3g==.#=z0gndKpc=()
at #=zDEp43kp$i1e8dyW1GA==.#=zof7v5VAQXr7m(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at #=zDEp43kp$i1e8dyW1GA==.#=zNVqmMtI=(System.String[])
at #=zDEp43kp$i1e8dyW1GA==.#=zRDrqHZg=()
at #=zunel3SWeRUiPuL_z9H9RFjdqrava.#=zM4atwFE=()

osu! version: Stable 20240425.2 (latest)
Blushing
Did this start happening when you switched to a different skin?

this seems like a graphics card issue:

Might be beneficial to uninstall you graphics drivers with a DDU then reinstall them with the most recent updated drivers from the manufacture's website.
Topic Starter
ants69

Blushing wrote:

Did this start happening when you switched to a different skin?

this seems like a graphics card issue:

Might be beneficial to uninstall you graphics drivers with a DDU then reinstall them with the most recent updated drivers from the manufacture's website.
Thanks, changing skins seems to have worked. Any idea why my skin would suddenly start breaking the game though? I'm kinda used to it and it would suck trying to get used to another one. Thanks again
Blushing
There is probably some graphical component within the skin(animations with hundreds or thousands of frames/images), really high resolution images being loaded unexpectedly or too quick, some other thing.

What skin was giving you the error? If you post it here I can try and take a look to see if there is something that stands out to me