forum

Is it okay to modify the "HitPosition" of a skin to be able to play more comfortably?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RICARDO11026
I have been testing several Skins and I have seen that some get better scores than other skins, this seemed strange to me so I decided to investigate the properties of the skins I was using and it turns out that the skin I was currently using and that made me get better scores had a different “HitPosition” than the one I was playing with the previous skin, I decided to modify that parameter and adapt it to the parameters of the previous skin, when I started playing with that new configuration my scores went down again, they went back to the behavior of the previous skin I was using, I decided to modify the previous skin adjusting the parameters of the skin that made me get good scores, and when I played with the new parameters with the previous skin, it gave me almost the same results as the skin that made me get good scores. So I don't know if it's me or my skin that makes me bad.
[clouds]
i’m assuming that skin is a mania skin, which i don’t know that much about. but since it’s a just a skin there shouldn’t be a problem modifying it to what makes you play better.
Topic Starter
RICARDO11026
The skin I used before is called "ARIFURETA.V1" and has a HitPosition of 400, the skin I currently use that gave me the best results is called "-『Plutes 2023』" and has a HitPosition of 425 by default. I'm not usually good at LN, which is my weak point, with the old skin I didn't get above 88 - 92%, with the current skin I got to 95 - 98%.

-『Plutes 2023』:https://www.mediafire.com/folder/yp2ggc3pajhad/A

I couldn't get the original link for the "ARIFURETA.V1" skin xd.
[clouds]
it looks like it changes the way the judgement line is drawn at, so it makes sense for it to change gameplay. if it makes you better then there should be no problem changing it. :D

HitPosition:
Question: On which height should the judgement line be drawn at?

wiki/en/Skinning/skin.ini
Topic Starter
RICARDO11026
From what I have seen, the "JudgementLine" is a line that is drawn just below the "HitPosition" and that marks the true position where you have to hit. Normally the "JudgementLine" is usually at 0, and what I have seen when it is at that value is invisible, it can only be assigned two values, 1 at most and 0 at least. If you set it to 1 it will look full, it can be used for skins that do not have a visible "HitPosition". So, it depends on the type of skin you use.

PD: Personally I don't see that it makes much difference.