forum

how to start mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akisu
I wanna start mania since i wanna explore new game modes and this one seems really fun. I have played games like fnf but im trash at them also should i do 7k or 4k?
Wimpy Cursed
Play for a bit to get the fundamentals down. Converts should be fine to play as nothing advanced comes in during 1-2* maps.
But to get yourself started to feel more comfortable, check with your scroll speed and skin. I don't think an offset would matter for now, especially if that has already been fixed during your time in std.
Also, play whichever keymode you want. Find which one is more suited for you.

If you have anymore questions after getting the base understanding of the gamemode, feel free to ask.
Verdon
I would suggest first finding a good skin and comfortable keybinds, scroll speed and offset.

Find some easy 1-2 star maps (7k and/or other key modes might look scary at first but you should still try it out and see if you like it). Practice on those to get the hang of the controls.

You'll probably want to try playing different types of maps with varying patterns, although in the 1-2 star range, you shouldn't find anything too complicated besides maybe long notes (I believe newer players struggle with this a lot.)

Other than that, just keep playing what you find fun then once you feel comfortable with 1-2 stars (I'd say this is when you can consistently S rank them), you can try pushing for higher stars or keep working on your accuracy.
Topic Starter
Akisu
Well i was playing idk I didn’t know which key was which and I think the basic keybinds suck
Verdon
Try experimenting with what you think is comfortable. In case you couldnt find it, osu!mania has a separate keybinds option in settings btw.

If you meant you didn’t know what note was in what lane then that might be a problem with your skin or just you not being used to reading mania yet.
pizzaboy
Most start with 4k in the long run 7k will get you more pp and maybe more potential though I reccomend switching between the two but you'll pick things up if you decide to keep mania there's Dan's and a rich history tons of competition too it's probably similar to how you started out in osu standard just play more then get into specifics and your suddenly good

Ps. If you ever get really into mania stuff try out different vsrgs like etterna, quaver, guitar hero,roblox knockoffs. it helps to have a wide variety of different games