forum

May Artist Spotlight Challenge: YOASOBI! (Challenge Over)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Wimpy Cursed
it has happened

wait no, nvm wtf
edit again: I am stupid
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Sign-ups are over. Round 1 has begun and will end at 23:59 on May 2nd.
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
I just realized I am a complete dumbass and forgot that this was an artist's spotlight when selecting the maps. I'm pausing the challenge temporarily while I fix this and grab the proper maps. As a result, all players may submit for rounds 1 and 2 until 23:59 on May 4th once I get all the maps changed over.

I sincerely apologize for this oversight.
Wimpy Cursed
Rip
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
The maps have been fixed. Again, all players may submit for rounds 1 and 2 until Round 2 is over at 23:59 on May 4th.
Ferminick
Topic Starter
Voidedosu

Ferminick wrote:

It's a good thing you noticed it so early. Nothing happens
IKR? Imagine this was at the very end (either round 10 or the free period).
My Angel Seele
Hello!
Is there a discord server for us to get a monthly reminder for this tournament? I am interested for the next one
Topic Starter
Voidedosu

My Angel Seele wrote:

Hello!
Is there a discord server for us to get a monthly reminder for this tournament? I am interested for the next one
I don't use nor ever intend to use discord, so no. Although, I wouldn't stop anyone from making a server or something to put notices when the next challenge or poll comes up, and I'd gladly link it in the OP.

I usually try to post the next challenge about 10-7 days before the end of the month, in both G&R and the tourney forums, so I would suggest keeping an eye out around then.
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Round 1/2 is over. Round 3 has begun and will end at 23:59 on May 6th.

Also, though I didn't state it earlier, I will also not be counting submissions for the wrong maps against you for the purposes of auto-dq's. You will still need to have 3 of 5 by the end of the 5th round to stay in, however.

The following players must submit a score in this round or be auto-dq'd:
mmd_
mm1678YT
yellowbadbeast
itsmenasza
Aveil
jaapk0
Katoteshi
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Round 3 is over. Round 4 has begun and will end at 23:59 on May 8th.

The following players have been auto-dq'd due to lack of submissions:
mmd_
itsmenasza
jaakp0
katoteshi

The following brackets have been rendered defunct due to a lack of players:
499-300K

The following players must submit this round or be auto-dq'd:
Aveil
therizzard
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Round 4 is over. Round 5 has begun and will end at 23:59 on May 10th.

The following players must submit this round or be auto-dq'd:
Snafutx
Aveil
Therizzard
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Round 5 is over. Round 6 has begun and will end at 23:59 on May 12th.

Snafutx
therizzard

Also, I've made the finalist polls. Please be sure to vote!
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Round 6 is over. Round 7 has begun and will end at 23:59 on May 14th.

The following players must submit this round (7) or be auto-dq'd:
Yellobadbeast
Calibruh03
Calibruh03
I have a questions for you Voidedosu.

For the submissions, is it only when we update the scoresheet on the forum post? Or is it when the score is set. And if it is when the score is set, can I set scores from previous rounds that I missed or want to improve on before the free submission period and submit them when the period starts? Thanks for the clarification!
Topic Starter
Voidedosu

Calibruh03 wrote:

I have a questions for you Voidedosu.

For the submissions, is it only when we update the scoresheet on the forum post? Or is it when the score is set. And if it is when the score is set, can I set scores from previous rounds that I missed or want to improve on before the free submission period and submit them when the period starts? Thanks for the clarification!
whether or not submissions are accepted is based on whether or not the score for a particular map is set within that map's particular round. To use your bracket as an example, the map for round 7, Kaibutsu (TV Size [Kalveria's Extra] would only have viable submissions that are dated from 00:00 May 13th to 23:59 May 14th, and then from 00:00 May 21st to 23:59 May 31st, as that is the free period where you may submit for any round. If you tried to submit for that map on May 1st and 2nd, for instance, I would only count the score for round 1 as that is the only map that you are supposed to play at that time. You would then need to either improve that score when it's round comes up to provide a link, or provide an image as proof since you'd be scoreV1'd otherwise.

The free period at the end exists so you can improve on scores that you want to, or to make submissions for rounds you missed for one reason or another. So long as you meet the submission requirements (3 in 5 rounds, 7 in 10), then you are able to submit for all at that point. However, only submissions made during that free period will count. You cannot make an improvement to your round 3 score during round 10, for instance.

This is all explained in the rules, but if there is something in there that is confusing or hard to understand, I would like to know in case it is something I need to re-word for the future.

------

On that note, Round 7 is over. Round 8 has begun and will end at 23:59 on May 16th.
Calibruh03
That's what I thought the rules meant, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the clarification.
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Yellobadbeast

The followwing players must submit this round or be auto-dq'd
Mani_VM
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Round 8 is over. Round 9 has begun and will end at 23:59 on May 18th.

Mani_VM
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Got a little swamped with work over the weekend (plus some extra stuff I wanted to finish afterwards that took longer than I though). I'll do a proper check after I've slept, but everyone still in the challenge was fine as of round 9, so as long as you submitted there (and maybe submit for round 10 for insurance) y'all should make it to the free period.

edit: So far, only Wimpy Cursed and Calibruh need to submit for Round 10 to make the free period. I should have to point totals and all that updated then, too.
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
Round 10 is over. The Free Period has begun and will end at 23:59 on May 31st.

The following players have been dq'd due to lack of submissions:
Calibruh03

The following brackets have been rendered defunct due to lack of players:
99-50K

Go forth and fix your scores, and good luck. Point totals have been updated as well.
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
The challenge is officially over.

I will be busy this weekend, so don't expect to see this properly updated until sometime in the middle of next week.
Ferminick
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
And the winners of the challenge are:

From the 149-100K Bracket: Ferminick!
From the <10K Bracket: Big door!

Furthermore, Ferminick will be receiving an additional 2 months supporter for SS-ing all of his maps.

I will do my best to get them out by the end of week. It shouldn't come to it, but feel free to (nicely) pester me about it if I don't announce it by Friday.
Topic Starter
Voidedosu
your supporter rewards have been sent out. As Ferminick seems to have quit the game, I have decided to give his month's supporter for winning to the next player in his bracket, Wimpy Cursed. As the All SS bonus is for that specific player only, that will not be given to Wimpy.

Thank you once again for your participation.
Wimpy Cursed

Voidedosu wrote:

your supporter rewards have been sent out. As Ferminick seems to have quit the game, I have decided to give his month's supporter for winning to the next player in his bracket, Wimpy Cursed. As the All SS bonus is for that specific player only, that will not be given to Wimpy.

Thank you once again for your participation.
I was thinking about quitting as well lmao
Got very confused to see the gift on my profile. Thanks though