forum

What is the value of an osu sensitivity? (read more for clarification)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cIoth
DISCLAIMER: I know that osu is a RYTHM game and not an aim trainer and also there are other factors that make an osu sensitivity different from other games, but I would like to know what my osu sensitivity is on other games

I was wondering how to use my osu sensitivity for other games because it feels very comfortable and I cannot find a very comfortable sensitivity for other games, I recently found out what my MOST comfortable sensitivity was on osu, but I do not know what that sensitivity on other games are. It would be wonderful if there was a common value for a conversion.
DM FOR MUTUAL
I highly doubt there'd be something similar to what you are asking for, unless you are specifically talking about the FPS mode in mcosu.

If you are talking about 3D games like FPS games, a conversion doesn't really work because 2D aim and 3D aim are different things, they aren't something you can convert between. The closest you could probably get is by choosing a sensitivity in the 3D game that allows you to use similar aiming mechanics or similar amounts of movement as you use in osu, maybe something like making a 180 degree turn in the 3D game the same amount of mouse movement as aiming from one side of the screen to the other in osu.

For 2D games, it might be best to keep your osu sensitivity at x1 and instead change the sensitivity of your mouse directly. This way it stays the same for all 2D games, and also everything else on your computer, as long as you are running them all at the same resolutions.
Topic Starter
cIoth

DM FOR MUTUAL wrote:

I highly doubt there'd be something similar to what you are asking for, unless you are specifically talking about the FPS mode in mcosu.

If you are talking about 3D games like FPS games, a conversion doesn't really work because 2D aim and 3D aim are different things, they aren't something you can convert between. The closest you could probably get is by choosing a sensitivity in the 3D game that allows you to use similar aiming mechanics or similar amounts of movement as you use in osu, maybe something like making a 180 degree turn in the 3D game the same amount of mouse movement as aiming from one side of the screen to the other in osu.

For 2D games, it might be best to keep your osu sensitivity at x1 and instead change the sensitivity of your mouse directly. This way it stays the same for all 2D games, and also everything else on your computer, as long as you are running them all at the same resolutions.
ah I see, I was just reading through a reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/arxoug/how_to_convert_osu_sensitivity_to_csgoor_any/), thank you for the reply