forum

can I change beat speed in nightcore without changing map BPM directly?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
whoami__
can I tweak beat speed in nightcore without changing map's BPM directly? I have part in a song that sounds much better with 2x bpm in nightcore mode but if I set it to that value, I have to struggle with spacing
OsuMagic360
Changing beat speed and Changing BPM is inherently the same thing. If you mean that the pitch of the song sounds better at the 2x speed, you can change the pitch in an audio editor without changing the speed.

I don't know what audio editor you're using but in Audacity, there are 3 setting, "Change Speed and Pitch" "Change Pitch" and "Change Tempo". There you can use "Change Pitch" to increase the pitch without affecting speed, and you can then choose "Change Tempo" and apply a Percentage increase so that it's less than 2x speed if you'd like to change the speed of the song.

Note: If you decide not to change the speed but do change the pitch, you should add "(Pitch Up Ver.)" to the end of the title field for metadata purposes.

Hope this helps!
Topic Starter
whoami__

OsuMagic360 wrote:

Changing beat speed and Changing BPM is inherently the same thing. If you mean that the pitch of the song sounds better at the 2x speed, you can change the pitch in an audio editor without changing the speed.

I don't know what audio editor you're using but in Audacity, there are 3 setting, "Change Speed and Pitch" "Change Pitch" and "Change Tempo". There you can use "Change Pitch" to increase the pitch without affecting speed, and you can then choose "Change Tempo" and apply a Percentage increase so that it's less than 2x speed if you'd like to change the speed of the song.

Note: If you decide not to change the speed but do change the pitch, you should add "(Pitch Up Ver.)" to the end of the title field for metadata purposes.

Hope this helps!
Thank you, but that's not what I wanted to say. I mean, when you play nightcore mod, it adds additional beat sounds that depends on map's BPM
Jason X
If it helps, you can disable the Nightcore hitsounds (beat)
Look through this thread for more information: community/forums/topics/617312?n=1

Other than that, without changing the BPM there is no way affect the rhythm of the nightcore beat without changing the maps BPM.
Topic Starter
whoami__

Jason X wrote:

If it helps, you can disable the Nightcore hitsounds (beat)
Look through this thread for more information: community/forums/topics/617312?n=1

Other than that, without changing the BPM there is no way affect the rhythm of the nightcore beat without changing the maps BPM.
Okay, ty