forum

Triples on sounds without corresponding triples

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PyaPaya
Hi, I'm a new mapper and I've been looking at ranked maps to learn from them. Sometimes I see bursts or triples on sounds that don't directly have notes playing at the same time, what would some reasons for placing these triples/bursts? Is it to signal climax/intensity of the section? I'm thinking triples could also emphasize the note it ends on.
lewski
both of your ideas are plausible

the mapper could also just be improvising for variety or because they felt like it'd be fun to play or something like that
SaltyLucario
sometimes triples are used to emphasize vocals/guitar having slight "trill" to it (idk the actual term), like for example beatmapsets/1361680#osu/2834250 on top diff of this at 00:16:224 (1,2,3) - 00:44:494 (1,2,3) - 00:46:801 (1,2,3) - 00:56:465 (3,4,1) - etc (slow down to notice it easier)
Randomness64

PyaPaya wrote:

Hi, I'm a new mapper and I've been looking at ranked maps to learn from them. Sometimes I see bursts or triples on sounds that don't directly have notes playing at the same time, what would some reasons for placing these triples/bursts? Is it to signal climax/intensity of the section? I'm thinking triples could also emphasize the note it ends on.
it all depends on the song/game mode,if its std then sometimes adding more cercles like a triplets can emphasize an intensity in the song and adds a spice to the map that would rather feel dull if it didnt have it.