forum

Lazer performance

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SinlessVX
I don't know if it's my settings but i'm averaging around 2ms in lazer
with it sometimes spiking to 40 or higher.. freezing and then going back to around 10-40

fps are having a party between 60 and 800

no idea what to do

didn't have this issue back when lazer scores became official

stable i get around 0.4ms
fps are above 900
Deane
I also need help with this, I've been playing lazer almost exclusively for the past 2+ months but I just can't get it to work without any input delay. No matter the settings combination, there's always some input delay.

Try changing the frame limiter options, activating/deactivating hardware acceleration, testing both single-threaded and multithreaded, etc to see what works best. Remember to play in Fullscreen. In my case I managed to get it down to a relatively stable 1-1.2ms (while osu!stable varies around 0.7-1.8ms range), but there's undoubtably a very considerable input delay in lazer that just isn't there in stable for me. Going back and forth between the two makes it painfully clear.

I don't know how helpful this will be since I couldn't get lazer to work perfectly myself, but my situation certainly did get better after messing around with the settings. Good luck!
Topic Starter
SinlessVX

Deane wrote:

I also need help with this, I've been playing lazer almost exclusively for the past 2+ months but I just can't get it to work without any input delay. No matter the settings combination, there's always some input delay.

Try changing the frame limiter options, activating/deactivating hardware acceleration, testing both single-threaded and multithreaded, etc to see what works best. Remember to play in Fullscreen. In my case I managed to get it down to a relatively stable 1-1.2ms (while osu!stable varies around 0.7-1.8ms range), but there's undoubtably a very considerable input delay in lazer that just isn't there in stable for me. Going back and forth between the two makes it painfully clear.

I don't know how helpful this will be since I couldn't get lazer to work perfectly myself, but my situation certainly did get better after messing around with the settings. Good luck!
it's not even just the input delay..
sometimes i get actual stutters and chopping to where it feels like the game is slowing down up until it freezes which lasts for about a second til it goes back to the former
Deane

SinlessVX wrote:

Deane wrote:

sometimes i get actual stutters, chopping and freezes lasting for about a second til it goes back to the former
I probably didn't word my reply the best way: while I do have input delay, I stopped having any stutters and lag spikes after a lot of messing around with the settings.

Edit: I explained my situation because I'd also like some help on the input delay side of things, but changing the settings did help a lot
Topic Starter
SinlessVX

Deane wrote:

SinlessVX wrote:

Deane wrote:

sometimes i get actual stutters, chopping and freezes lasting for about a second til it goes back to the former
I probably didn't word my reply the best way: while I do have input delay, I stopped having any stutters and lag spikes after a lot of messing around with the settings.
lets just hope they'll give us an option to play with lazers ruleset on stable xD

But in all honesty..

My guess it has to do with the ingame tablet driver
since you're forced to use it if you wanna change your sensitivity
it will interfere with actual drivers
and cause input delay since you're routing your input through 2 pieces of software.

just get rid of it
no one likes it
or at least let us turn it off
Deane

SinlessVX wrote:

Deane wrote:

SinlessVX wrote:

Deane wrote:

lets just hope they'll give us an option to play with lazers ruleset on stable xD

But in all honesty..

and cause input delay since you're routing your input through 2 pieces of software.

just get rid of it
no one likes it
I had completely forgotten the in-game tablet driver existed (it was disabled), and after trying it out it actually solved my input delay. My cursor is slightly shaky now (with no antichatter on the driver), but not enough for it to be an issue. I know this doesn't help you in particular, but I'm commenting this just in case someone else has the same issue I did and it helps them - good luck on your side of things!
Topic Starter
SinlessVX

Deane wrote:

SinlessVX wrote:

Deane wrote:

SinlessVX wrote:

Deane wrote:

But in all honesty..

just get rid of it
no one likes it
I had completely forgotten the in-game tablet driver existed (it was disabled), and after trying it out it actually solved my input delay. My cursor is slightly shaky now (with no antichatter on the driver), but not enough for it to be an issue. I know this doesn't help you in particular, but I'm commenting this just in case someone else has the same issue I did and it helps them - good luck on your side of things!
it kinda resolved itself i think xD
ILoveCirno
I've also tried to switch to Lazer for a month or so. Tablet is sluggish, framerate is capped at 120fps which would be ok if it was actually _stable_.. It feels much less playable than one year ago.
McEndu
lazer has a new experimental renderer that is worth trying out