forum

Rankable/Unrankable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AyeshaEricota
I recently started learning mapping and i made (at least tried to make, its now deleted) a 2008-2009 style containing map, however, all my attempts to find a BN or even a MODDER ended up getting replies sort of "UnRaNkAbLe", while they nominate and mod unplayable bs sometimes making it even worse, wtf are even ranking criterias nowadays?
Peni
well, the ranking criteria (rc) are this, but in most cases the rc aren't even the actual reason why a map is seen as "unrankable". a beatmap's quality is one of the main aspects that determine its rankability, but since "quality" can't be clearly defined, it mostly depends on the subjective quality standards of the bns. if a map is worse than the quality standards of all bns, it's "unrankable".

you might argue that playability (which i assume means comfortability) is part of what makes a map good, but that's subjective. the only real argument in favor of that is that there's a larger audience for comfy maps, but that doesn't mean that uncomfortable maps should be unrankable.
real_BCMC
welcome to the club, where sometimes trying to get your first map ranked can be difficult, or BN bullshting you for your map being 'unrankable'
qwt

AyeshaEricota wrote:

I recently started learning mapping and i made (at least tried to make, its now deleted) a 2008-2009 style containing map, however, all my attempts to find a BN or even a MODDER ended up getting replies sort of "UnRaNkAbLe", while they nominate and mod unplayable bs sometimes making it even worse, wtf are even ranking criterias nowadays?
you're a new mapper, that's how it is. It took me 3+ years until modders did not absolutely shred my maps. Nowadays, at least BNs and experienced mappers consider my maps fit for rank, some even enjoy my maps

if you keep mapping in like 2027, you will look back at this post and laugh

just keep making more maps and going through trial and error with modding, watch pishifat as well.

real_BCMC wrote:

welcome to the club, where sometimes trying to get your first map ranked can be difficult, or BN bullshting you for your map being 'unrankable'
the BN's are not wrong, as much as I dislike them (the BN's or at least most of them are very biased against whos maps they choose to even dare check, let alone push for rank... except if your a well-known mapper or friends with them, then these rules do not apply.)
They simply understand mapping on like kanye said ... A DIFFERENT PLANE OF THINKING... they are experienced enough to tell what represents the music properly and what does not ... and it so happens to be that most maps made by new mappers .. represent the music terribly with their visuals, movement, and overall "structure" ... just keep mapping bro, in a few years you will understand