forum

PP Glitch?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sillyveon
After getting a #10 on this song - http://osu.ppy.sh/b/152561?m=3

My Performance Point dropped by 500+ and my rank dropped from #17 to #22.. What is going on here? I have had better scores for this song but my performance points did not increase, so is my rank. Please check what is going on there. It is frustrating to get new scores in songs I have not played before and actually have my performance points decreased. My overall accuracy also dropped from 99.20% to 99.14% when I actually got 99.50% on that song. And I have only played just this one song so far.

Also a suggestion, I think that Wintersun and Mephisto should be added to the highest performance point list since they are the harder songs as well.
OzzyOzrock
I'm unsure, but I don't think the pp algorithms are too stable right now. Could be something else though.
Tekklorn
Recent PP recalculations mean everyone lost PP so it's fine
winber1

OzzyOzrock wrote:

I'm unsure, but I don't think the pp algorithms are too stable right now. Could be something else though.
Yes, they aren't. pp is still getting recalculated every once in a while.

You guys need to stop worrying about pp. It isn't finalized yet, and you probably could have searched on this forum, because I'm pretty sure this has been asked like 20 times already.

And this is especially true for osu! mania, taiko, and CtB because those rankings just got released, meaning the rankings are very preliminary. The osu! standard rankings are much more stable, but they are still subject to minor changes every once in a while.
Topic Starter
Sillyveon

winber1 wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Yes, they aren't. pp is still getting recalculated every once in a while.

You guys need to stop worrying about pp. It isn't finalized yet, and you probably could have searched on this forum, because I'm pretty sure this has been asked like 20 times already.

And this is especially true for osu! mania, taiko, and CtB because those rankings just got released.
I know the pp is changing back and forth. But getting a high score on a song and have your performance point and rank affected (dropped) is just demotivating and discouraging. I guess we just have to give it a day or two to adjust.
winber1
you are comparing two completely unrelated things to each other. If I eat a cheeseburger and it starts to rain, it does not mean me eating a cheeseburger made it rain. if raining makes me feel sad and unmotivated, should I just stop eating cheeseburgers? I mean, honestly, what do you want us to do. People are just trying to make the ranking system more accurate. People must be moved around in these cases.

If you are actually really good at this game, you will be known over time. rank doesn't always mean people will know you, unless you are like number 1. But generally people with high rank score really high on many well known maps and therefore are generally very well known throughout the community anyway
Tear

winber1 wrote:

you are comparing two completely unrelated things to each other. If I eat a cheeseburger and it starts to rain, it does not mean me eating a cheeseburger made it rain. if raining makes me feel sad and unmotivated, should I just stop eating cheeseburgers? I mean, honestly, what do you want us to do. People are just trying to make the ranking system more accurate. People must be moved around in these cases.

If you are actually really good at this game, you will be known over time. rank doesn't always mean people will know you, unless you are like number 1. But generally people with high rank score really high on many well known maps and therefore are generally very well known throughout the community anyway
I have nothing to contribute but that's the best post of 2014 so far.