forum

[2v2][TS 2 Person min/4 Person Max][STD][Open Rank] Dueling Duo’s Showdown: Registration Open NOW

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Ayato ]

LET THE SHOWDOWN BEGIN!

Ladies, Gents, and Non-Binary friends, the TooBaked osu! admin team is excited to announce the second official server tournament! The Dueling Duo's tournament is a 2 vs. 2 Open Rank tournament that does require a teams to play with others in either a higher or lower rank tier. A unique formula for beatmap pools has been curated so maps can provide a challenge challenging; yet refreshing than traditional beatmap pooling! The Dueling Duo's beatmap Difficulty will vary from 4.6*-6.1* difficulty. The following post will include everything that you need to know to compete!

Good Luck & Have Fun! <3
-[ Ayato ]; Tournament Host

Rank and Team Requirements:
Team sizes: 2 Person min./ 4 Person Max.
Team Rank: Dualing Duo's is an open rank tournament. To compete as a duo, one low ranking player and one high ranking player must play together per beatmap round. Teams and Players MUST follow and refer to the In-Match Rank Tier Requirement Chart for authorized team combinations while competing.

A Note for Free Agents: The tournament staff will place free agents together into teams if the player has not been recruited onto a team. Free Agents can be placed into varying team sizes to follow the In Match Rank Tier Chart. IF placed onto a team of 4, you must be able to play with two other teammates out of the three. If a player is placed on a team of 3, the player must be able to play with at least one out of the two remaining team members. 2 person teams should be self-explanatory. If any questions do arise, please do not hesitate to reach out to tournament staff! Please note, we as a staff team will try our best to make the teams as Time Zone friendly as possible, however due to the Tiers in teams this may not always be possible.

Player Conduct: All Players must practice good sportsmanship while competing in any of TooBaked tournaments. Must be practiced during matches and in ANY of the TooBaked Server chats. Please be courteous & respectful, give it your all, and have fun! If another player detects poor sportsmanship, it must be reported to the match referee who will respond accordingly. If a player has been showing poor sportsmanship and the referee does rule as such, the whole team will be automatically knocked down to the losers bracket. If this occurs in the losers bracket, the whole team will be eliminated from the tournament. The individual will be under review for a possible tournament ban.

Match Guidelines: To decide who will ban the first map, team captains will roll. The highest roll has the option to either ban a map first or pick a map first. The player who didn't ban first will get the first map pick. Teams are not allowed ban a map from the same mod pool twice in one match. In the event of a tie, the tie breaker map will be in play. While players are playing FM beatmaps, players MUST select one of the following mods; no duo can use the same mod on the same map.

Allowed Mods during Free Mod Rounds: {Allowed Mods: EZ, HR, HD, SO, FL} [*FOR EZ MOD SCORE WILL BE MULTIPLIED BY 1.95]

1st Place Prize (Per team member): 1 year of supporter

2nd Place Prize (Per team member): 6 months of supporter

3rd Place Prize (Per team member): 3 months of supporter

4th through 6th Place Prize (Per team member): 1 month of supporter

Sign-Up Dates:

Registration Opens: April 3rd, 2024
Registration Closes: April 19th, 2024

Qualifiers Dates: *Qualifiers will be held with up to 8 teams and one referee at a time. *Scores will be averaged to determine seeding for the brackets.*
Qualifiers Beatmap Pool Release: 04/21/2024 at UTC-1900.
Prospective Qualifier Dates: April 26th, 27th, or 28th

*Beatmap Pool’s will be released retrospectively each Monday at UTC-1900.*

Matches will be hosted on the following dates and times:

-->Friday, Saturday & Sunday: Anytime of the calendar day; please notify a staff member in the TooBaked server 24 hours prior to the desired match date and time. One of the team captain are required to send a screenshot of the agreement between both captains to the #tournament-matchmaker thread. (Please use english when possible)

Beatmap Pool Star Ratings:

Qualifiers: ~5.3 SR;* 5 NM, 2 HD, 2 HR, 2 DT
Round of 32 (If Applicable): ~4.9 SR*; 5 NM, 2 HD, 2 HR, 3 DT, 2 FM, 1 TB, Best of 9; 1 Ban Per Team
Round of 16: ~5.2 SR*; 5 NM, 2 HD, 2 HR, 3 DT, 2 FM, 1 TB, Best of 9; 1 Ban Per Team
Quarter-Finals: ~5.4 SR*; 5 NM, 3 HD, 3 HR, 3 DT, 3 FM, 1 TB, Best of 11; 2 Bans Per Team
Semi-Finals: ~5.7 SR*; 5 NM, 3 HD, 3 HR, 3 DT, 3 FM, 1 TB, Best of 11; 2 Bans Per Team
Finals: ~5.9 SR*; 6 NM, 3 HD, 3 HR, 4 DT, 3 FM, 1 TB, Best of 13; 2 Bans Per Team
Grand Finals: ~6.2(MAX) SR; 6 NM, 3 HD, 3 HR, 4 DT, 3 FM, 1 TB, Best of 13; 2 Bans Per Team

Update: -CHANGES to QF: Addition to FM pool, From 2 --> 3 FM Picks
-SR optimized the to properly encapsulate both skill ranges.

TOURNAMENT STAFFING (REG OPEN!)
Host: [ Ayato ]
Co-Host: Lance2709
Admin: [ Ayato ]
Sheeter: [ Ayato ], yolomonkey
Statistician: [ Ayato ]
Mappooler: [ Ayato ], Lance2709, yolomonkey
Referee: Lance2709
Tangela Merkel
Why does the title say open rank when it is the opposite of open rank
Topic Starter
[ Ayato ]

Tangela Merkel wrote:

Great question! We did have a player during our last tournament, who was a 4 digit, completely taunted other players and exhibited poor sportsmanship since the beatmap pools were “too easy” in every round they competed in. To prevent this issue in the future, we added a rank cap on teams to balance out all players within the tournament. Would you put a 4 digit team against a 6 digit team and broadcast it? No, it’s potentially humiliating and essentially a clean 7-0 sweep potentially. yes it is open rank, ANYONE CAN JOIN. But to create an enjoyable experience for all players there is an average team ranking provisional rule in place, this allows an even playing field for all players involved. Most of my personal tournament experience comes from hosting and coordinating sports tournaments from my athletic days; so I have knowledge and expertise with bracket balancing and how to prevent clean sweeps and putting together great showdowns. I hope this made a bit more sense.
mihari

[ Ayato ] wrote:

Tangela Merkel wrote:

Great question! We did have a player during our last tournament, who was a 4 digit, completely taunted other players and exhibited poor sportsmanship since the beatmap pools were “too easy” in every round they competed in. To prevent this issue in the future, we added a rank cap on teams to balance out all players within the tournament. Would you put a 4 digit team against a 6 digit team and broadcast it? No, it’s potentially humiliating and essentially a clean 7-0 sweep potentially. yes it is open rank, ANYONE CAN JOIN. But to create an enjoyable experience for all players there is an average team ranking provisional rule in place, this allows an even playing field for all players involved. Most of my personal tournament experience comes from hosting and coordinating sports tournaments from my athletic days; so I have knowledge and expertise with bracket balancing and how to prevent clean sweeps and putting together great showdowns. I hope this made a bit more sense.
Ok but "Open Rank" means that anyone can join regardless of rank, just put "average rank 100k" or something into your title, saying that it's open rank is very misleading.

That aside, average rank is still a horrible solution for this when a top player can just team up with a 200k player and curbstomp every map, wouldn't you agree?
Topic Starter
[ Ayato ]

mihari wrote:

[ Ayato ] wrote:

Tangela Merkel wrote:

Ok but "Open Rank" means that anyone can join regardless of rank, just put "average rank 100k" or something into your title, saying that it's open rank is very misleading.

That aside, average rank is still a horrible solution for this when a top player can just team up with a 200k player and curbstomp every map, wouldn't you agree?
Just discussed in the server so i will also paste my responce to the same question here.
i do apologize for the misdirection with the rank requirements. As it is a possibility for a top player to join forces with a 200k, which would be cool to see, but in Score V2 it requires both players to maintain accuracy and combo to outscore your opponent if the other team are both exceptional players.it is meant to create balanced gameplay/matches and a properly progressing tournament based off skill.

My discored responce to shed a bit more light: "I want it to be open rank, but I am a former tournament coordinator for ASA (American softball association) and what we had ages to limit who is allowed in what bracket. In osu you don’t have that luxury plus it’s weird; so to kinda create some type of Provisional rule to create balance within teams the 100k rule was set. Keyword is Balance"
mihari
that's a lot of words to end up not addressing the problem, whatever
artemmmmmm

mihari wrote:

that's a lot of words to end up not addressing the problem, whatever
The open rank was removed from the title now so its more understandable
ShiruoX
banger forum post
Lunexia
1.45 EZ multi, you've got to be joking xdd
Topic Starter
[ Ayato ]

ShiruoX wrote:

banger forum post
ty <3
Zorokii
reverse open rank
ThatAvocado_Boi
Get one deranker 5 digit, 1 7 digit and 2 6 digits. Boom, #1 team.
Topic Starter
[ Ayato ]

Zorokii wrote:

reverse open rank
It’s open rank; if you can’t deal with a provisional team rule, just say it
Rosiee

ThatAvocado_Boi wrote:

wont work anymore since they changed it, every lobby needs to avg 100k too now
ShiruoX

Rosiee wrote:

ThatAvocado_Boi wrote:

wont work anymore since they changed it, every lobby needs to avg 100k too now
what even is the point of keeping it average instead of limiting the rr lol
Hellowutsup
200k deranker + 2 digit = disaster 🤤
Topic Starter
[ Ayato ]
Forum has been updated with updated rules. All players who have already signed-up, please re-register again for the tournament. I am sorry for the extra road bump, i promise it was for the best!
Lunexia
Chatting they fixed it chatting
SR too high for me to compete beyond second round though so I'll skip o7
Looks fun af tho, if I knew some 3-4 digits I'd play fr (its not too late emerald ages)
Topic Starter
[ Ayato ]
Latest update: After a 24 hour community vote, SR has been lowered in earlier matches to properly balance and allow both teammate the opportunity to capitalize on a specific skill during a map, versus favoring the higher rank and hoping the lower rank player to keep up. Thank you
Topic Starter
[ Ayato ]
6 days until sign ups close! Qualifiers pool will be released on 4/17 at 2300 PST! Stay frosty!☃️
show more